2015/16 Football League Fixtures

Early, I know, but I always look forward to the day these are released.

Who do we reckon then for specific dates in the calendar?

Opening Game?

Choice - Blackpool (A)

Guess - Gillingham (H)

Boxing Day?

Choice - Rochdale (H)

Guess - Bury (A)

New Years Day?

Choice - Bury (A)

Guess - Fleetwood (H)

Easter Monday?

Choice - Bradford (A)

Guess - Colchester (H)

Last Day?

Choice - Burton Albion (A)

Guess - Chesterfield (H)

Heard a rumour we've requested to be away first game. Just cos I've heard it doesn't necessarily mean it's true, like...

It's true. The Club is also hoping to be drawn away in the League Cup - Cup draws can't be fixed like the computer for League game fixtures. First home game should be on 15th August.

Sounds like the kind of thing that's bollocks but would suit me. Will be abroad second Saturday of the season and after nine years without an ST it'd be nice to use it for the first game!

Edited by jsslatic

It's true. The Club is also hoping to be drawn away in the League Cup - Cup draws can't be fixed like the computer for League game fixtures. First home game should be on 15th August.

:censored:sticks. Everyone out.

The football league aren't going to borrow the FA's (cup draw) ball warmer then?

Wigan away first game of the season would be my dream start, we will easily have more Oldham fans in the ground than the pie eaters, but we all know its going to be Millwall or Gillingham away 1st game....

Rather have Gillingham first away game or Swindon if they don't go up take more fans down than we usually would do.

2015-16 league fixtures to be released on 17th June.

League starts on 8th August.

Blackpool did ask for their first few games to be away, and was granted, when they put finishing touches to new temporary East stand to house away fans in 2010.

Edited by Fyldelatic

I just want all the teams that will bring larger away followings are scheduled for Saturdays that don't clash with the weather, cups or internationals, the more away fans we get the more money goes into the club.

All the winter Tuesday night frostbite sessions will hopefully be against teams who wouldn't bring too many anyway.

The more i think about it here goes

Opening game away Swindon or Millwall away teams we normally take fewer fans to.

First home Game Lets have a team that bring a good following say a Bradford open new stand in style.

October 9th England play Estonia on the Friday so Gillingham or winners off the League 2 play off final away on the Saturday make a weekend of it.

Boxing Day is on a Saturday but sametime be no trains or nothing so i say Walsall easier to get to on the motorway.

Last game of season Barnsley big allocation and if we had something to play for or had a chance to send them down or stop them going up it be sweet.

Also want them to keep Burton Albion on a Saturday also. Colchester both games mid week please.