Athleticos Flag

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, its not actually a flag for the Athleticos its a flag for everyone, just we've organised it with the Trust in making it happen. We have 2 designs that at the moment we are doing a vote on, on facebook. Please let us know what you think on here or on facebook and we'll count them up.

The target is to reach 610 for a 12mx10m flag however if we receive more donations than that before the cut off date we will get the biggest flag we can for the donations we receive. We are using Paypal as its the safest donations site we have found but for anyone who doesnt trust it we are working to do a cash in hand situation, however we want to organise it as safe as possible as we dont want peoples money in the wrong hands.

Thanks for any donations yous have already sent, we have received close to £100 already in a few hours.

Sorry i dont know how to upload photos ont this page so if anyone knows could you let me know. If not visit the Athleticos fb page to see them.

Think you could do with a better message maybe but it's a good idea to have something like that. From the two I'd go for Flying High Up In The Sky because the other is a bit defeatist as a motto in my opinion, and is it even the club slogan anymore anyway?

Also I wouldn't make it too big because, I'm not trying to be funny here, there might not actually be enough people in that section to hold it aloft over your heads. I'd bear that in mind.

From the OS: "Plans are being finalised for a 12m x 10m flag to be held aloft before home games"

My maths may be slightly off, but a flag as big as 10x12m might cover the space of 250-300 seats, and that sounds like a very optimistic estimation of how many fans will be in that part of the RRE.

sounds like a good size

smaller would be naff

bigger would be pushing it

either the flying high or something better

anyway I donated already - brilliant idea

how about athletico flags down near touchline like arsenal / Chelsea when we score