Athleticos Flag

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I thought, a 120m2 flag would weigh quite a lot.

the original was ridiculesly heavy had to take it to be cut into smaller sections as it was starting to rot need all the rear seats in my espace folded down to hold it .the poor seamstresses at the manufacturers realy struggled to lay it out in the sports hall

make sure you get a good bag to keep it dry !

the original was ridiculesly heavy had to take it to be cut into smaller sections as it was starting to rot need all the rear seats in my espace folded down to hold it .the poor seamstresses at the manufacturers realy struggled to lay it out in the sports hall

make sure you get a good bag to keep it dry !

That is the key, get a bag. The old one stunk to high heaven, I used to dread the thing passing over my head.

Been raised on Twitter shouldn't the new flag go in the new stand with it being the most full so would be able to travel all the way across instead of a very empty RRE

If it could be taken between the new stand and RRE, it could go along both?

Definitely think the 'Flying High Up In The Sky' is the better option, it's more positive and could actually be sung.

If it could be taken between the new stand and RRE, it could go along both?

Definitely think the 'Flying High Up In The Sky' is the better option, it's more positive and could actually be sung.

sorry but "flying high up in the sky " just sounds a bit wet and wimpy to me "oh when the blues " or "we are Oldham " would look and sound better or maybe even "the Latics "

Is this flag going to be held aloft by one person, akin to how Arsenal have someone at the front of the stand wave a flag around when they score?

I hope not. It looks so fake. I would leave the flag waving to fans in the stand. The way Arsenal do it is so cringey. Flat atmosphere with a ball boy waving a flag when they score.

Don't think they should spend any surplus making the flag bigger as would be a waste.

Would be better idea to invest in some more smaller banners like they have at Palace as adds some colour and always looks great on TV.

10 x 12 is a decent size. Big enough to cover a good area when it's tied down and will look decent if it's held up in big games.

I reckon more people will definitely join in with the Athleticos this season too. Just been watching Eintracht Frankfurt against Bayer Leverkusen and they sounded absolutely fantastic. English atmosphere is on its arse really. Glad we're doing something about it.

as for atmosphere...was at Wembley last weekend and the 12k Grimsby Town fans created a brilliant noise through most of the game...very reminiscent of the scene's you see in the Bundesliga

the fortune favours the brave flag is still around

I know its probably just me being an owd fart, but I still can't get used to the moody owl.... :(