86/87 Playoffs

Wouldn't we have gone up automatically that season if not for the playoffs? .. I've often thought that the following 'glory years' may not have happened if so? .. I'll take history as it is, as opposed to what could have been. Must have been truly gutting for the players tho?

Edited by thetramdriver

the one and only time i have ever been upset at a latics result Keith Edwards name still riles me now

can remember sitting under the floodlight at the sheepfoot lane side of the chaddy just dumbstruck was inconsolable was just about the last person out of the stand after being turfed out by a very nice policeman .saw the very same officer whilst leaving the pitch after that game in 1991 he did ask if a felt better now .

Play off final? Which team were you watching?

Play-offs 87 gutting but my love for the club was still in its infancy so didn't feel that bad.

Relegated by Norwich, just confirmed the inevitable and didn't have that guy wrenching impact.

94 and Hughes.....awful. And my lowest moment following Latics. Convinced that this changed our season and without it we would have stayed up and even won the cup.

QPR away in play-off semi second leg....a close second. And with what followed that summer if felt as though it has as big an impact on the in as the Hughes goal.

That Wolves v Aldershot match looked to be a tasty affair.

....sent the link to a friend who is a Wolves fan, his reply....

"My brother's first game. Only time I have seen 3 coppers knocked off horses - was a nasty atmosphere. Someone tried to petrol bomb aldershot coaches but were luckily stopped short"

Anglo scottish cup final at Boundary park - had me in tears, worse day ever.

And Peanuts - me and you must of both been the last out of the Chaddy against Leeds in the playoffs, but that time I was still too stunned to cry I was just leaning against a barrier for ages after the game - shaking - as everyone else walked out. Typing this I guess now I was suffering shock.

I never really saw much of that Leeds goal because everyone was still celebrating the Oldham one.

Edited by Stagger Lee