Channel 5/ITN TV deal

Are they going to show it when the Championship is on a break for International games?

The earlier start time is only going to help the ratings, higher ratings, better coverage, more advertising revenue, more income for the clubs.

Are they going to show it when the Championship is on a break for International games?

The earlier start time is only going to help the ratings, higher ratings, better coverage, more advertising revenue, more income for the clubs.

Yes

I just don't get this - Steve Claridge is an articulate and knowledgeable football commentator.

yep, and he is passionate about it. Son't see the problem. Presumably he didn't show us enough "respect" at some stage

90 minutes with adverts? How long was FLS on BBC?

Too long! Absolutely no need for any of the studio bits with Claridge "triffic, good footballing manning" his way to an easy license fee syphon. Endsleigh League Extra just used to show the goals with a voice over, that's enough. We don't need features showing some other license fee swindler mugging about in corridors at Crawley then chatting to the bloke that picks the socks up off the floor.

Just show the goals and incidents, get rid of all the unnecessary frippery.

Too long! Absolutely no need for any of the studio bits with Claridge "triffic, good footballing manning" his way to an easy license fee syphon. Endsleigh League Extra just used to show the goals with a voice over, that's enough. We don't need features showing some other license fee swindler mugging about in corridors at Crawley then chatting to the bloke that picks the socks up off the floor.

Just show the goals and incidents, get rid of all the unnecessary frippery.

It's Channel 5, nobody will be watching, especially at that time.

I think that its a difficult balance to cover the Football League highlights.

With 36 games to show, the danger is it becomes nothing more than a quick procession of goal footage and the occasional red card. I think that the BBC with the Football League show have tried to bring a bit more in the way of coverage and analysis, but it is hampered by the time of night it is shown and the sense that it is shoe-horned in as they try to cover all 3 leagues in one programme.

Ideally it could be done would be an indepth view on each division, with the other 2 covered with a goals round up. I realise that the broadcast schedule doesn't allow for this but with the technology available this could be done with the main live broadcast version would cover the championship, but the Red Button services would allow you to watch an indepth version of League 1 or League 2 with the goals from the remaining divisions.

The alternative is the national goal footage and a return to the Granda Soccer Night approach of having an indepth coverage of regional football,

I think that its a difficult balance to cover the Football League highlights.

With 36 games to show, the danger is it becomes nothing more than a quick procession of goal footage and the occasional red card. I think that the BBC with the Football League show have tried to bring a bit more in the way of coverage and analysis, but it is hampered by the time of night it is shown and the sense that it is shoe-horned in as they try to cover all 3 leagues in one programme.

Ideally it could be done would be an indepth view on each division, with the other 2 covered with a goals round up. I realise that the broadcast schedule doesn't allow for this but with the technology available this could be done with the main live broadcast version would cover the championship, but the Red Button services would allow you to watch an indepth version of League 1 or League 2 with the goals from the remaining divisions.

The alternative is the national goal footage and a return to the Granda Soccer Night approach of having an indepth coverage of regional football,

I disagree, as I said earlier on the thread the 36 games in quick succession just showing the goals and red cards is enough. I certainly just fast forward through the Championship bit and the studio bit looking for the league table in the corner to know that they are moving on to League one. Then I fast forward a bit slower till I recognise either BP or our game, realise I've gone past it, rewind a bit then watch the Latics when I eventually find it. Maybe re-watch the Latics bit again, one more time then delete. I'd be surprised if the majority don't do this as well.

On the occasion when I've watch the analysis it is little more than "They're on a good little run, Manager X will be pleased if they can keep that going and Player X looks a good prospect, they will be hoping they can keep hold of him when the window opens." Or reverse, bad run, need to bolster the squad.....

I disagree, as I said earlier on the thread the 36 games in quick succession just showing the goals and red cards is enough. I certainly just fast forward through the Championship bit and the studio bit looking for the league table in the corner to know that they are moving on to League one. Then I fast forward a bit slower till I recognise either BP or our game, realise I've gone past it, rewind a bit then watch the Latics when I eventually find it. Maybe re-watch the Latics bit again, one more time then delete. I'd be surprised if the majority don't do this as well.

On the occasion when I've watch the analysis it is little more than "They're on a good little run, Manager X will be pleased if they can keep that going and Player X looks a good prospect, they will be hoping they can keep hold of him when the window opens." Or reverse, bad run, need to bolster the squad.....

Surely using "red button" technology it would be possible during the broadcast to just select the league you want to view. Or watch all the leagues by just sticking with the regular broadcast.