Bristol Rovers fan in peace

I understand Montano wouldn't win too many popularity contests in your town but sticking to his attributes or otherwise on the pitch, what type of player are we getting?

Typical winger who one week is a world beater, next week is a panel beater? Is that right?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide a bit more info.

Scored arguable one of the goals of the season...then he did what he did, we also then found out about an impending court case too....so we we got rid. Shame as he had a touch of class but I think you summed it up, good days/bad days.

It was a lovely finish against Stevenage (ignoring us all shouting, "PASS!!!") but not the all time great it's put down as. There was only one :censored: defender.

Aside from that he wasn't anything special and could be hopeless. I don't think we'd have been fighting interest in him if he hadn't :censored:ed up.

If he has learnt his lessons from the past and decides to make a go of being a footballer, you could have a decent player on your hands, if he stays on the route he seemed to have chosen, I feel sorry for you. Good luck for the coming season.

Thanks for the info and thanks to Disjointed and Ritchierich for your good wishes.

We paid a heavy price for having 'conveyor belt' players who only put the effort in when they could be bothered and one or two in particular who were a bad influence on and off the pitch. So whether Montano turns out to be a decent player or not, it's important that he doesn't disrupt the good team spirit and hard working ethic that we now have.

It's noticeable how League 1 is more of a northern league this season and League 2 is very southern based, with only 4 northern clubs in Morecambe, York, Carlisle and Hartlepool. Doubt if this will prove significant but hopefully it will have the knock on effect of an increase in attendances.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond and the very best of luck for the coming season.