I vowed never to go to carlisle ever again after blowing a 3-0 lead, i went the year after and we blew a 2-0 lead, i hate carlisle away, i'm not going.

Cricket ground is around the corner or there is the beehive, which serves food, about 100 yards from the ground, similar type of pub to a wetherspoons, both pretty standard to be honest, i did carlisle for the weekend about 10 years ago, this is a complete blur so cannot comment on what the town centre is like.

Cheeky to charge £15 I reckon. Carlisle isn't the best for a competitive match but a pre-season friendly?

Chris Taylor got his 1st league goal for Latics at Brunton Park, can't think of anything else that was remotely positive...

Cheeky to charge £15 I reckon. Carlisle isn't the best for a competitive match but a pre-season friendly?

Chris Taylor got his 1st league goal for Latics at Brunton Park, can't think of anything else that was remotely positive...

James Dayton almost relegating them

• 2 weeks later...

So I went. My first Pre-season friendly since York away the other year.

I don't read much into friendly matches but we were awful. Really, really poor. Our keeper was garbage.

Croft looked okay. Jones too. Winchester decent second half. The system didn't work. No one chased back when they lost the ball. Very few balls seemed to hit the intended target. I can't remember a meaningful shot.

Hopefully there will be a bit more about them from next week on.

S'alright Carlisle. Couple of pubs near the ground, old school stadium and some nice views from the away end. There's a lot worse places to watch football.

Yep, agree. We stayed over the other year and it was a fantastic place. Some lively pubs and some seriously fit birds...