Halifax (A) & Carlisle (A) bring our 'friendlies' to a close.....

I know it might come across as a 'tongue in cheek' question, but after the last two fixtures drawing blanks against championship opposition, how many goals do you think we will get against these two lower league opponents......whilst due to the acknowledged lack of central defensive cover we are also worrying about how many we might concede?

Personally, I think these last two games should be treated as much more than just a fitness workout.

Time for the strikers to move up a couple of gears and genuinely earn competitive start/s, and for DK to settle a defence into a pattern which identities of our likely partnerships through the first few games to the 31 Aug deadline at least.

0-2 &

1-2

would be fair do's for me.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full strength teams as far as possible.

Far less subs giving the majority 90 mins. Realease the trialists bar gunning. None are good enough. Got to be treating this as near as a league game as realistically possible. Fact is- as melia said yesterday - we have only scored this pre season against third rate opposition. 2 wins needed here if only to build confidence

For me he has to get our defence in order, from the looks of things it appears that we be bringing in a few loans to bulk up the squad, not been to any of the preseason games but from what ive read he still seems to be tinkering with the formation aswell, these last two games need to be prep for walsall away. Lets get a formation and starting XI sorted

Agree with all the above. The time for treating games as fitness exercises is over. Time for DK to put his plan A into operation. I would expect a first team approach for both games. I just hope that we get to see Cassidy at some point...

Two good victories won with style and pace please. TA.

Anyone else get in for free tonight, for some reason the bar doors were open, they locked them and proceeded to open the stadium doors meaning everyone in the bar could just go in the stadium, strange.