• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Jim did not eventually fit in to the manager’s philosophy."

Hmm.

Er, who was it that appointed him?

"I've been in football for over 40 years and I have a lot of contacts and friends so I'm here to help and guide as much as I can to add my experience to the team.

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/harvey-appointed-to-coaching-staff-2477741.aspx#UP28EiodADS3sp6f.99

Edited by singe

Barry Owen's "not meeting the manager's philosophy" has to have been said tongue in cheek. Following the initial shock and disappointment of Kelly's appointment, I've kep pretty quiet and have been more than willing to give him a chance (still am). In fairness, the season hasn't started but there are a fair few things that are concerning.

Maybe he's drafting BP1960 in?

Obviously getting BP1960 in on the cheap

BP 1960. Where are you? Calling BP 1960. Give us a bell when you come out of Simon's/Darren's office. We need genuine inside information; sod all this rumour stuff.

Not all is well at the club it strikes me as.

We'll never know but I'd like to know exactly whose decision it was to employ him and then whose decision it was to get rid of him.

I wouldn't believe the official line on the answer to those two questions either. Nor would I expect them to be the same name.

Edited by NewBlue

I am trying to find the BP post where he said "the manager and I share the same philosophy".....

BP1960 on 29 July 2015 - 3:44PM, said:

Let's just say I'm in unison with the manager myself, he did respond to my earlier recommendations and we have a lot of views in common. so I have a little insight - and theres no major problems as I know of.

Regarding scouting players I have many times recommended talented footballers who have been rejected by the club I've worked for for off the field reasons. I have sent reports in what I've seen on the field of play, but there's much more to it than that.