7 games, 4 goals.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errm, a lack of goals?

Clearly Kelly had a lot pinned on Cassidy (despite his recent record before joining us not being prolific). Poleon and Murphy are clearly not wanted. The loanee has come in but isn't currently available. Which leaves Forte (and the sun will probably have burnt out long before the arguments over whether he's a front man or a wide player have finished) as the only likely regular goalscorer.

As often as Kelly's pointed it out, losing Cassidy was clearly an enormous blow to his plans, but we should have always had a plan B, and it doesn't appear we have a clear alternative to A.

Only Bury away can we say we've created enough chances to even be considered slightly attacking.

I do think there is an issue with selection though. He's gone for industrious players like Croft, Philliskirk and Jones on the left wing, and opted for a winger up front. They'll work hard and contribute to clean sheets but you can't expect to play to this 'philosophy' he has suggested on a consistent basis.

It's early days, but it scares me that there's any hint of Dickov about him

We were told there was also a plan A, B, C even upto T if needed but we are one dimensional, defend with a back six most of the time, provide very little support for the one man up front and play a system that half of our players cant get there head round, if the idea is to bore us to a mid table finish then the foundations are firmly set.

Current management team Holden last season, Kelly so far this equates to

Unbeaten in the League ok, but overall 1 win in 7 not scored more than 1 goal only once since March.

1 win 14 going back to Rochdale.

3 wins in 23 going back to PNE at home

THREE :censored:ING WINS IN 23 GAMES!

But it's only the JPT tonight, granted - digging deeper it's worrying! TWO MASSIVE home games coming up that scream top half or the beginnings of a relegation battle...

Too soon to panic? Probably....

In the first round. To Shrewsbury. He said he was picking a strong side and picked the worst side available.

But it's a squad game, if they can't they come in and do a decent job they shouldn't be here.

Too much quantity not enough quality is the problem.

Let's see who he plays Saturday and how he plays them

The pisspot cup I'm not fussed about but the league we need to start winning games and winning them with conviction.

Kelly has inherited a decent squad plus added to it; those favoured or not are more than capable to create chances and score goals.

I too fear that he's on a tightrope with Dunn breathing down his neck

Let's see who he plays Saturday and how he plays them

The pisspot cup I'm not fussed about but the league we need to start winning games and winning them with conviction.

Kelly has inherited a decent squad plus added to it; those favoured or not are more than capable to create chances and score goals.

I too fear that he's on a tightrope with Dunn breathing down his neck

I get the feeling DK being new to management has let DH dictate the tactics so far, if so he should now throw off the shackles and introduce the expansive attacking football he said he wanted to us all to see.

Edited by BP1960

Negative coaching, you saw it last season now this.

The fact we had double the number of shots against Middlesbrough, the best opposition we've faced by a distance, than any other match we've played so far, tells you that attacking intent is stunted under instruction.

7 points from the 5 opponents we've played so far is a poor return - being unbeaten glosses over this - and I think that comes down to being more scared of losing than wanting to win. Even against Fleetwood we were exceptionally lucky to get anything from that game - we won't pick up points with those performances often, never mind all 3.

I hope that Bury will be the turning point in style, but with his team selection, I doubt it will last.

I liked how Kevin Keegan managed his sides just go out and score more than them, I am a firm believer in attack attack, defend from the front with a high line.As long as you get the back players working in sync all keep a good straight line, move up together that will get results in this league. playing Diamonds and Christmas trees, or a fluffy bush, in this league is stupid it take the best of the best to implement it, and the best to understand it and play it. Sam Allardyce always get slagged off but what he good at is playing a way that works for the squad that he has, and changes it as they get better players in. Play with what you have in a way they can perform.