Poleon missing?

The rarely-wrong Chron says Poleon reported sick and didn’t train on Monday. Matt Chambers understands he was told to train with the club’s youth team on Tuesday, but was again absent.

When asked about Poleon’s situation at Shrewsbury, DK stated: “Dominic hasn’t been selected.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/93862/kelly-to-ring-the-changes

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the way Barry talked about letting go of players forcefuly, there was either already an existing problem, or a problem about to be caused.

Poleon clearly was quite forcefully offered out to other clubs in Scotland and rejected the move. Freezing out so many players is bound to cause friction.

It's a shame because if we're going to be playing this 4-2-3-1 at home, Poleon would probably be my first pick at playing the striker.

From the way Barry talked about letting go of players forcefuly, there was either already an existing problem, or a problem about to be caused.

Poleon clearly was quite forcefully offered out to other clubs in Scotland and rejected the move. Freezing out so many players is bound to cause friction.

It's a shame because if we're going to be playing this 4-2-3-1 at home, Poleon would probably be my first pick at playing the striker.

What have I missed? I'm away but forcefully offered to Scotland or just turned down a move?

The first sign of a player with an actual attitude but nobody is banging that drum for once...

Must be DKs or Barry fault...

What have I missed? I'm away but forcefully offered to Scotland or just turned down a move?

The first sign of a player with an actual attitude but nobody is banging that drum for once...

Must be DKs or Barry fault...

How do we know he's got an atttidue? I've not seen any evidence of that...

I'd like to believe something more has gone on, because if he's been made to train with the youth team just because he didn't want to leave, that's very wrong.

He hasn't turned in to train with the youth team though has he? And it looks like he has changed his twitter bio but his attitude is outgoing and happy at work? I may not like my work at times but I turn in and work...

Who forced him to Scotland? Which club?

Edited by palmer1

I want us to make the most out of the players we have, but I think Poleon is one of those players that would require a lot of work to become a regular starter at this level and I don't think we have the time to put in that work. I could see him going to a League 2 club and having a Craig Davies-esque season, but we need a consistent workhorse up front in the system that DK wants to play. Poleon is too unpredictable and unreliable to play that role.

Who else is being frozen out?

He hasn't turned in to train with the youth team though has he? And it looks like he has changed his twitter bio but his attitude is outgoing and happy at work? I may not like my work at times but I turn in and work...

So if you was a top earner and they asked you to clean the toilets each day would you?

Strange how we find room in our team for rapists and murderers but want to ostracize those who simply want to fight for their place, the guy has a contract with the club, he is well within his rights to try and earn a place in the team it looks to me like someone at the club is getting a bit above their station, trying to bully players out of the club isnt the way to do things is it.

Edited by yarddog73

Publicly saying we were actively seeking to move players on was yet another PR bollock by the club, how in any world can that be good for morale? We now have a situation where no one has left but 2 or 3 know they aren't wanted and so does everyone else. Dominic seems a decent lad from interviews and the pre season sky vid where he was laughing with everyone in the dressing room and Dunne mentioned him as the class clown, I don't know what's gone on but the club and new mouthpiece Barry have :censored:ed up yet again in how they manage the media

So if you was a top earner and they asked you to clean the toilets each day would you?

Strange how we find room in our team for rapists and murderers but want to ostracize those who simply want to fight for their place, the guy has a contract with the club, he is well within his rights to try and earn a place in the team it looks to me like someone at the club is getting a bit above their station, trying to bully players out of the club isnt the way to do things is it.

Whilst I think I don't disagree with your sentiment, and the way this appears to be being handled;

1. Training with the kids isn't exactly the same as cleaning the toilets.

2. If we believe the Chron, he didn't turn up on Monday, and the inference is that he 'threw a sickie'; that's not really the same as 'simply wants to fight for their place'

3. The training with the kids thing apparently was only after point two anyway, and he's since apparently continued to not turn up.

4. Regardless of how much you earn in an organisation, if the job needs to be done, no-one should be above mucking-in and cleaning the toilets or whatever job needs to be done. Obviously I would ask the question of whether there are more cost-effective ways of completing these tasks, but if you work in an organization where some people are too important or well paid to get their hands dirty, then maybe you should be looking at alternative employers.

5. Clearly there is an unknown part to this story that precedes Monday's events, and it could well be some 'Barry bullying', or it could be the player not showing the required attitude in training, we certainly don't know. Generally, pretty much all the power is with the player in these situations.

Edited by bpmarko

He was one of our most reliable back end of last season...

It'll be a shame if this isn't sorted out. He seems popular with his team mates and there's a good player in there with the right management...

You'd think with Holden picking the team and tactics that he'd be playing like he was at the end of last season.

All this talk is irrelevant because nobody actually knows what is happening. Although not knowing what is going on means DK must be sacked for forcing this poor hard working boy to do something for absolutely no reason. Bullies the lot of them. :censored: me, some absolute :censored:e gets posted on here

All this talk is irrelevant because nobody actually knows what is happening. Although not knowing what is going on means DK must be sacked for forcing this poor hard working boy to do something for absolutely no reason. Bullies the lot of them. :censored: me, some absolute :censored:e gets posted on here

Not least "DK must be sacked for forcing this poor hard working boy to do something for absolutely no reason" which nobody has said in any way shape or form.....

You'd think with Holden picking the team and tactics that he'd be playing like he was at the end of last season.

Or simply Owen is having a bigger influence in a way he did at the back end of last season when Holden was in in temporary charge? I find it remarkable that Kelly when interviewed said that he and Barry were actively trying to move playrs on, has he been promoted to Director of football then? Another worrying aspect is why on earth is Owen in the managers office for the best part of an hour after each game with the rest of the backroom staff?

On the one hand you seem to be taking issue with people pointing the finger at Kelly and Baz, without real evidence, but then you seem to be doing the same with Poleon.

Or simply Owen is having a bigger influence in a way he did at the back end of last season when Holden was in in temporary charge? I find it remarkable that Kelly when interviewed said that he and Barry were actively trying to move playrs on, has he been promoted to Director of football then? Another worrying aspect is why on earth is Owen in the managers office for the best part of an hour after each game with the rest of the backroom staff?

I wouldn't expect the manager to be responsible for moving players on, only for identifying which players he wants to move on. From there, I would fully expect it to be the job of someone like a director.

I wouldn't expect the manager to be responsible for moving players on, only for identifying which players he wants to move on. From there, I would fully expect it to be the job of someone like a director.

But if it required skills such as communicating with other human beings in verbal or written for you wouldn't have Baz as first choice Director.

Is there some history here?

At the end of last season Poleon missed a home game, not sure which, but at the time he was playing well.

He then turned up and sat in front of us in the main stand.

When we asked a club "official" why he was missing the reply was "He's been a naughty boy". The obvious reason, we concluded, was that he had been omitted for disciplinary reasons.

On the one hand you seem to be taking issue with people pointing the finger at Kelly and Baz, without real evidence, but then you seem to be doing the same with Poleon.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone. Ive just stated that he hasn't turned up for training after being asked to train with the youth. (That's what's been reported anyway) This is somehow the managements fault with some who also have a 10 page thread about Winchester not making the first team. They are the first to scream attitude when its Wilson or someone else they are not keen on and certainly have an issue with the new manager.

New Blue rather than mark my post down how about you answer the question about which Scottish club Latics were obviously forcing Poleon to move too which caused all these problems?

Edited by palmer1