New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

which of the 5 will takeover from Kelly's failure of the team the obvious one left a League 2 promotion pushing side down devon

1. Paul Dickov
2. John Sheridan
3. Dean Holden
4. David Dunn
5. Neil Redfearn

whats the likely hood that these five names will be put into a hat and 1 of them randomly picked?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Sheridan & Paul Dickov should be nowhere near. Why are Latics fans obsessed with going back ironic with the favourite shouts of 'forward'

They had their chance and failed as did Dean Holden.

I re-call a Dean Holden side beating a top 10 Rochdale side during last season just saying

which of the 5 will takeover from Kelly's failure of the team the obvious one left a League 2 promotion pushing side down devon

1. Paul Dickov

2. John Sheridan

3. Dean Holden

4. David Dunn

5. Neil Redfearn

whats the likely hood that these five names will be put into a hat and 1 of them randomly picked?

Why does a Rochdale fan care?

Please go away :coffee1:

• 8 months later...

If all reports are true, another manager is needed. Fat lady isn't singing, but has stepped up to the mic.

Our most successful managers have been rookies but, big but, who have served some time as Asst. Mgr or reserve Mgr.

This template would make it likely that Peter Shirtliff be a good candidate.

Whether Shez takes him, time will tell.

I'm in a bad mood.

I don't blame the board for this, if it happens. I blame Shez and greed. Shez the legend is fast becoming Shez the :censored:. Touting himself around.

They say there is no loyalty in football, well I thought Shez was an exception. Clearly not.

I'm tempted to say anyone without a UEFO Pro coaching license as they play the most boring football known to man!

I think we need to go down the experienced route again, though Paul Scholes might just generate a bit of excitement (if that's at all possible) after this latest managerial shambles

Well, if a club legend on a 2 year contract wants to :censored: us off for a League 2 club under a transfer embargo I reckon the new manager won't be someone you've heard of.

Would've said Mark Cooper but he's just gone to Forest Green. Russell Slade is sitting pretty upstairs at Cardiff. Neil Redfearn?

If I'd have to guess: James Beattie.

I don't really care. 6th manager in 18 months is it? I was against it last time, but may as well give it Scholes and hope for the best.

The more I think about it the more a Giggs/Scholes partnership might be the only thing that can generate a bit of interest again. We'd certainly get media coverage!