Darren Kelly Appointed Halifax Manager

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone still having it that he wasn't unermined as Latics boss then? He had an impossible job with us once one or two directors had their heads turned.

Are you having it that he was the right man for the job and shouldn't have been sacked?

Are you having it that he was the right man for the job and shouldn't have been sacked?

Not really the point though, is it? I never felt Kelly was the right man for the job. But do I agree with the club treating him like :censored: and making what was already a pretty difficult position even more uncomfortable? No.

I don't think Dunn is the right man for the job either, to be honest. Doesn't mean I think the club should make a complete dick out of him.

You have to hand it to the guy - he must do a great interview!!

Apparently they interviewed over 20 candidates, including some with very good track records in the conference.

And, with the benefit of hindsight, given that sacking Harvey was patently not his decision, he handled it very professionally in the media.

The Halifax board probably can't believe their luck that somebody who was top of the highest calibre of applicants list for a League 1 job has become available.

He shouldn't have even got an acknowledgment to his application here, nevermind an interview and then the job but that wasn't his fault. Good luck to him.

Not really the point though, is it? I never felt Kelly was the right man for the job. But do I agree with the club treating him like :censored: and making what was already a pretty difficult position even more uncomfortable? No.

I don't think Dunn is the right man for the job either, to be honest. Doesn't mean I think the club should make a complete dick out of him.

The club realised they made a mistake appointing him. I think that's clear from what happened. Then they did something about it.

It wasn't ideal how they handled it but in the circumstances what else could they have done? If we'd have been winning games I don't think he would have been sacked and Dunn would have had to go elsewhere for a managers job.

Whether Dunn will work out or not I've no idea but I've got more confidence in him than I did Kelly.

What the club did wrong mainly was give Kelly the job in the first place.

The club realised they made a mistake appointing him. I think that's clear from what happened. Then they did something about it.

It wasn't ideal how they handled it but in the circumstances what else could they have done? If we'd have been winning games I don't think he would have been sacked and Dunn would have had to go elsewhere for a managers job.

Whether Dunn will work out or not I've no idea but I've got more confidence in him than I did Kelly.

What the club did wrong mainly was give Kelly the job in the first place.

I struggle with this the club realised they had made a mistake talk tbh. Based on what exactly?? clearly has the qualifications loved in the game by clubs. The squad was poor from the back end of last season. Clearly the club made the decsion to get rid of harvey now he is with darren at Halifax. Weather the club thought they made a mistake or not getting rid of Jim Harvey clearly was the clibs decsion amd clearly would of unsettled Darren. In my opinion they should of got rid of Holden. Then bringing in David Dunn right under his nose, Yes performances wasnt great but Liam Kelly being injured clearly didnt help him.

Lets be claer here the way we treated Darren Kelly was a farce and he deserved more respect and certainly more time. If any other club had treated a new manager the way we did we would be slagging them off. Footballs gone mad

Lets be claer here the way we treated Darren Kelly was a farce and he deserved more respect and certainly more time. If any other club had treated a new manager the way we did we would be slagging them off. Footballs gone mad

He deserved more respect. He certainly didn't deserve more time.

He deserved more respect. He certainly didn't deserve more time.

So what if Dunn has same record after 7 games? Do we get rid? Then be on our 5th Manager of the calender year? Or does Dunn get more time beacuse he graced the promise land thats the premier league ? Edited by Aarondo Westy

The club stated that he had players brought in for him. He couldn't do it himself so either he didn't have the contacts or he didn't know how?

If he couldn't do the job he was hired to do, a job he obviously said he could in his interview then he should have been and was sacked.

Was Dunn being brought in as a possible replacement for him fair.If that was the actual case then no but the club made a mistake with Kelly, they know it, we know it and they rectified it quickly.

Edited by palmer1

Something doesn't add up here,,,,,,

What was the real reason for Harvey leaving and why was he appointed in the first place.

Harvey was probably acting as assistant with us and undermining Holden, and the club stuck by Holden. Or just plain cost cutting, preferring to spend the money on players.

The club stated that he had players brought in for him. He couldn't do it himself so either he didn't have the contacts or he didn't know how?

If he couldn't do the job he was hired to do, a job he obviously said he could in his interview then he should have been and was sacked.

Was Dunn being brought in as a possible replacement for him fair.If that was the actual case then no but the club made a mistake with Kelly, they know it, we know it and they rectified it quickly.

Wont the club just say that if they have an agenda?