Party at Bradford

Alright everyone. Apart from (Simon Brooke's?) Halloween/young fan takeover/Christmas fun day initiatives, everything around OAFC is pretty sad and depressing right now. It has made me think of an idea that owtb user Latics and England had in 2009.

Check out THIS THREAD before reading on.

Anyone else remember that? Nothing particularly good to feel happy about around that time, and the Oldham performance was godawful (albeit with the first glimpse of Dale Stephens' talent), but the atmosphere in the away section was bloody amazing!! Tongue-in-cheek chants, balloons, just a bunch of fans having a right good time. My family happened to choose that game to organise a little weekend break around, and it was utterly superb! We got dicked 2-0, but I left sporting a beaming smile, the odd Norwich fan came to shake our hands, and the local paper dedicated a column to how good our fans' were.

I reckon it's about time we felt proud of being Latics fans again. I admit I'm picking the Bradford game because I'm planning on bringing neutral mates for my birthday, but I do think it would be top if we organised our support to bring balloons, a fun attitude plus maybe plenty of th'Athleticos flags. Maybe it could inspire the players to turn things round, but at the very least we'll have a laugh right?

Thoughts, criticisms, leadership welcomed. =)

6 years ago :censored:.. Looking at the old thread made me laugh and bring back memories, myself and rummy sharing a double bed for two nights, a 6 hour delay on the flight back to manc.....

Funny times when we were :censored:. Now we are still :censored: and it's not funny anymore. ...

There's a song in there

Edited by SAV

Alright everyone. Apart from (Simon Brooke's?) Halloween/young fan takeover/Christmas fun day initiatives, everything around OAFC is pretty sad and depressing right now. It has made me think of an idea that owtb user Latics and England had in 2009.

Check out THIS THREAD before reading on.

Anyone else remember that? Nothing particularly good to feel happy about around that time, and the Oldham performance was godawful (albeit with the first glimpse of Dale Stephens' talent), but the atmosphere in the away section was bloody amazing!! Tongue-in-cheek chants, balloons, just a bunch of fans having a right good time. My family happened to choose that game to organise a little weekend break around, and it was utterly superb! We got dicked 2-0, but I left sporting a beaming smile, the odd Norwich fan came to shake our hands, and the local paper dedicated a column to how good our fans' were.

I reckon it's about time we felt proud of being Latics fans again. I admit I'm picking the Bradford game because I'm planning on bringing neutral mates for my birthday, but I do think it would be top if we organised our support to bring balloons, a fun attitude plus maybe plenty of th'Athleticos flags. Maybe it could inspire the players to turn things round, but at the very least we'll have a laugh right?

Thoughts, criticisms, leadership welcomed. =)

Sounds like a great idea.

From a selfish point of view, I'd prefer the game to be Coventry! :wink:

There's a "party in the park" event at home to Milton Keynes planned for the 12th, it's planned to give us some Xmas cheer. Brass bands are planned, mince pies, maybe mulled wine and I think a plan to try for the record of Xmas jumpers, free raffle tickets I think for signed gifts. Food bank/gift drive initiative too.

Well that was the plan and unless anything has changed off the field that is, a bigger promotion of it should be happening this week

It was planned to give us a boost...oh well....

Edit: note to me check the damn fixture list before posting....it's the Millwall match at home on sat 12th

Edited by underdog

There's a "party in the park" event at home to Milton Keynes planned for the 12th, it's planned to give us some Xmas cheer. Brass bands are planned, mince pies, maybe mulled wine and I think a plan to try for the record of Xmas jumpers, free raffle tickets I think for signed gifts. Food bank/gift drive initiative too.

Well that was the plan and unless anything has changed off the field that is, a bigger promotion of it should be happening this week

It was planned to give us a boost...oh well....

Milton Keynes? I have missed something.

Milton Keynes? I have missed something.

Crap...you know I'm getting to the point myself I don't know who the hell we are playing next....just looked at my stuck on the wall future list...I meant Millwall.

Cheers disjointed

Edited by underdog

I'll have some of that if the players all club together and pay for my ticket, travel & half time pie. After yesterday I expect nothing less. If not they can :censored: right off and I'll stay at home and be miserable instead.

I don't blame you...think I'd rather stay at home too especially if it's weather like this

6 years ago :censored:.. Looking at the old thread made me laugh and bring back memories, myself and rummy sharing a double bed for two nights

I was sick as :censored: on that Friday, I remember feeling queasy watching the World Cup draw, and then yakking up in Wetherspoons. It got better, I remember us being blind drunk in Norwich airport on the way back in. Good times.

6 years ago :censored:.. Looking at the old thread made me laugh and bring back memories, myself and rummy sharing a double bed for two nights, a 6 hour delay on the flight back to manc.....

Funny times when we were :censored:. Now we are still :censored: and it's not funny anymore. ...

There's a song in there

It's only gay if you're the receiver of course.

It's only gay if you're the receiver of

course.

There's only one person who can change the course of a topic. ...

Anyway I'm willing to let my boycott of this pile of :censored: drop for 1 match......

Also means I don't have to go back to Bradford before Christmas, buy a few prezzies in the sales and the recipients get a january bonus