Not the most popular club in Germany, but only 6 Years old and on top of 2 Bundesliga eight points clear of third placed Nuernberg.

Why the hell doesn't Corney drink Red Bull?

Link

Edit: forgot the link!

Red Bull gives you senility!

Edited by L1onheartNew

foto_1411296718.jpg

'Football culture is dying in Leipzig – Union is alive. Das Produkt Leipzig embody everything that we at Union don’t want from football. A marketing product pushed by financial interests, players with euro signs in their eyes, supported by brainwashed consumers in the stands who have never heard anything of fan ownership.

- Eisern'

foto_1411296718.jpg

'Football culture is dying in Leipzig – Union is alive. Das Produkt Leipzig embody everything that we at Union don’t want from football. A marketing product pushed by financial interests, players with euro signs in their eyes, supported by brainwashed consumers in the stands who have never heard anything of fan ownership.

- Eisern'

Yep, not the most popular! MK Dons on steroids. There are quite a few anti RB groups all over Germany.

All Union need to do now is form their own fan based protest club, call themselves FC Union of Leipzig and they will be the media darlings of the lower leagues.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, not the most popular! MK Dons on steroids. There are quite a few anti RB groups all over Germany.

All Union need to do now is form their own fan based protest club, call themselves FC Union of Leipzig and they will be the media darlings of the lower leagues.

Pretty sure a number of fans did form an alternative club out of protest.

My mistake that was the Salzburg team in Austria.

My mistake that was the Salzburg team in Austria.

they didnt need to form a protest club in Leipzig as RB Leipzig were a brand new club (well technically, they took over a very small club). The two traditional clubs of the city were Lok.Leipzig and Sacshen Leipzig. I think if memory serves me right Sachsen imploded and now there are two successor clubs in the lower leagues. RB Leipzig are almost universally hated in Germany and no doubt viscerally so by Lok & Sachsen fans but as an Ossi friend of mine (who hates them too) said to me he can see how they got new supporters - Lok & Sacshen simply weren't places to take your kids too, RB have been cranking out cheap and free tickets and your kids wont have to see people getting their head's kicked in every week. Obviously if you've been brought up to support the two traditional clubs you wouldnt even countenance the idea of going but judging by the sheer amount of little eejits running around Oldham in United and City tops there's a huge attraction to being a glory hunter.

I have a friend who works for the social media side of a 2nd Division German club and he was instructed never to refer to them as RB, just Leipzig - their very name cannot be uttered. Anyway, hope they fail miserably but they wont and with the financial clout they have they'll be up towards the top of German footy and it'll be another nail in the coffin of their admirable member club model

One thing that I dont think they've fully thought out - they'll soon have to jettison RB Salzburg as you can't have two clubs playing in European competitions that are owned by the same people and RB Leipzig will be appearing in Europe sooner or later. Or maybe seeing the kind of people who run football they reason if they throw enough money at the right people that'll be solved