Blackpool in for Philiskirk

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sense I rendition of 'don't sell philliskirk, Danny philliskirk' being sung to the tune of achey breaky heart today ? Like Glossoplatic says his goals have gained us a fair few points. Without him no matter what any fans think we would be in worse trouble than we are now.

If he goes it will be against his wishes....he was in the media recently saying he wanted to stay at Latics for a long long time.

Presumably he's our longest serving player. He puts a decent effort in whenever I've seen him and pops up with crucial goals every now and again. Given his attitude to the club he should be a favourite really in a depressing era of high player turnover and :censored: results but instead because he's not as technically gifted as Harkins he's labelled as :censored:e.

We need money so we have to sell whoever gets bid for as long as the price is right, but it'd be a real shame for someone with an obvious affinity and family connections to the club to be one to go.

If he goes it will be against his wishes....he was in the media recently saying he wanted to stay at Latics for a long long time.

Doesn't surprise me, Probably earns one of the higher wages every month, The clubs 10 minutes from his house and his Dads a coach here. The lads got it quite cushy

Given the importance of his goals, add another zero on and I will be happy to accept three installments. On the other hand, if the club are willing to accept that 75k is a fair assessment given our position, then I believe that that is a clear indication of our lack of ambition to get out of it.

This is a really strange one.

I rate him but he's certainly not our best player. Yes he's our top scorer but he doesn't strike me as the type that would score for fun in a different set up like Murphy has, he's more of a player that will do a good job for the team first and chip in with a few goals second.

I'm not convinced that the deal will go through either. I'd be surprised if Blackpool will offer him a much better deal than we can, it's not really a step up career wise for him as Blackpool will be a mess for as long as Oyston is in charge and the Philliskirks seem to have an affinity to our club. Danny is the type of player I could see being our longest serving player in a few years time, not strong or quick enough to make it at a higher level but enough technical ability, understanding of the game and versatility to be a good player at this level for a long time.

From the club's point of view, I'm not sure that £75k is worth selling for. Unless Dunn has someone much better lined up.

If we sell then we've given up this season and our longstanding position in League 1 as relegation would be a certainty.

We can't buy a goal and this lad has (A) the ability to score goals, (B) the determination to score goals and © is in our budget to achieve A & B.

We've got no budget to bring other players in, too many :censored:e players bloating our squad so this lad will be sacrificed to provide some wriggle room. January will be make or break for us as a club on a much grander scale than we have faced for a number of years....I'm genuinely worried.