BP1960s notebook

2016 first entry:
Sam Surridge (18)
Centre forward
Bournemouth FC

Very impressed with him during the Latics v Bournemouth FA youth cup tie, big, quick and mobile, excellent first touch and lays the ball off extremely well.
Needs to work on his finishing, but looks a good prospect.
It will be interesing to see if Bournemouth send him out on loan.

Edited by BP1960

2016 first entry:

Sam Surridge (18)

Centre forward

Bournemouth FC

Very impressed with him during the Latics v Bournemouth FA youth cup tie, big, quick and mobile, excellent first touch and lays the ball off extremely well.

Great idea - keep them coming BP :OASISscarf:

• 2 weeks later...

Only seen him once, but Rob Bordman of Ossett Albion took my eye with some excellent predatory finishing, one who's progress I will be following with interest.

Ossett have a useful keeper too in Brett Souter.

Of the Droylsden players Rochdale loanee Billy Hasler - Cregg looked a prospect and keeper Steve James handled well in poor conditions.

I would need to see them all again though to make clearer judgement.

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/albion-return-for-bordman-40439/

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/ossettalbion/teams/17214/news/droylsden-1--2-ossett-albion-1560168.html

Edited by BP1960

• 4 months later...

Out of interest BP what indicates a decent player could step up to a higher level? I watched a 5th tier cup final out here in Japan and one of the teams had a CB that reminded me so much of Tarkowski. He was tall, strong, had a decent range of passing and was comfortable dribbling out of defence. I was surprised he was only catching at the semi-pro/amateur level.

Out of interest BP what indicates a decent player could step up to a higher level? I watched a 5th tier cup final out here in Japan and one of the teams had a CB that reminded me so much of Tarkowski. He was tall, strong, had a decent range of passing and was comfortable dribbling out of defence. I was surprised he was only catching at the semi-pro/amateur level.

Its often a combination of many things, players have different attributes, I often used to imagine how a non league league player would fare at FL level or reserve team top level. If I thought he would be outstanding and better than what the club had got they usually received my recommendation.

Only seen him once, but Rob Bordman of Ossett Albion took my eye with some excellent predatory finishing, one who's progress I will be following with interest.

Ossett have a useful keeper too in Brett Souter.

Of the Droylsden players Rochdale loanee Billy Hasler - Cregg looked a prospect and keeper Steve James handled well in poor conditions.

I would need to see them all again though to make clearer judgement.

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/albion-return-for-bordman-40439/

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/ossettalbion/teams/17214/news/droylsden-1--2-ossett-albion-1560168.html

Update; Billy Hasler -Cregg released by Rochdale has joined Altrincham, could be a big mistake by the Dale.

Watched the keeper Steve James again and he didn't impress.

• 2 months later...

Paid a rare visit these days to a non league match and took in the Droylsden v Mossley game on Bank Holiday Monday which Mossley won somewhat flatteringly 3-1.

It was my first look at Droylsden's tall 19yo centre back Josh Heaton and he gave an impressive display - despite all those around him losing their heads.

Very good in the air, calm and composed on the ball and showing good distribution the former PNE defender gave me the impression he will be attracting football league clubs attention before too long.

One to keep an eye on.

Edited by BP1960

Paid a rare visit these days to a non league match and took in the Droylsden v Mossley game om Bank Holiday Monday which Mossley won somewhat flatteringly 3-1.

It was my first look at Droylsden's tall 19yo centre back Josh Heaton and he gave an impressive display - despite all those around him losing their heads.

Very good in the air, calm and composed on the ball and showing good distribution the former PNE defender gave me the impression he will be attracting football league clubs attention before too long.

One to keep an eye on.

Number 5? I went on Saturday and thought he looked very composed.

Not that he'll ever be at this level, but Steve Lewis (15?) looks a class above that level, don't you think?

Number 5? I went on Saturday and thought he looked very composed.

Not that he'll ever be at this level, but Steve Lewis (15?) looks a class above that level, don't you think?

Yes number 5. If Lewis was in shape he would be higher.

• 11 months later...
On 18/01/2016 at 8:52 PM, BP1960 said:

2016 first entry:
Sam Surridge (18)
Centre forward
Bournemouth FC

Now on loan at Yeovil.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...