• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant prepare a team to keep making individual errors. Sir Alex Ferguson couldnt do that, and you could get Jose Mourinho in here and he wouldnt be able to sort that out, thats a fact, he said.

So he didn't.

But he was very naive to get embroiled in the analogy, which would inevitably be twisted and he'd been on the defensive.

I disagree, good managers can instil confidence and offer tidbits of advice on how to cut those errors out.

:censored:e managers cant.

Anyway. Six left.

Is 50 going to be enough? What are the relegation points/stats for the last few years?[/quote

Based on pro rats assessment of the points per game of the 5th and 6th bottom teams a few games back safety was projected to be 47 points this year.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Third_Division_Tables_1992-93_to_2012-13.html

And how utterly useless the other 2 jokers were, they must be the worst managers in our history certainly in my 26 years of watching us

Especially Dunn's comments about Mourinho and Ferguson not being able to get these players playing :omg:

Who needs Mourihno...we've got John Sheridan....who needs Mourihno....we've got John Sheridan

My phone is on the blink. Apologies if this is a multiple post...

Whilst the psychological effect of the 50 point milestone is paramount, I do feel that we should be targeting a club above us that at first glance seem to be out of reach and reel them back in. We are gaining a bit of momentum and I reckon a point on Saturday will maintain it. However if Main and/or Holloway break their ducks, we may well surprise Sunny with a solid win. We have Vale next who have started to slow up a bit and are up against Southend next and play before us. They are 13 points clear and have played two games more. If they draw again or even lose, then that would be excellent motivation going into the Scunny game. Unrealistic?

Thing I love about shez is that in every interview he goes 'we're going there for the 3 points... We want to win the game, we believe we can win the game' whereas compare that with what Dunn or Kelly said... Going in for about 5 minutes how much of a good side our opposition are but if we play to our potential 'we're capable of getting something out of game'

I hated the guy but....

He never said that - He said they wouldn't be able to stop people making individual errors. Which is true

No it isn't

Is it not?? You can be the best coach or teacher in the world yet your best student may still make a mistake... Can anyone 100% stop this?? No they can't

In answer to your first post, again - the likes of Mourinho and Ferguson can & do/did stop players making individual errors.

To your second post - any advances on 100% or are you going to leave the strawmanning there?

Edited by HarryBosch