• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. Post Schmeichel Ferguson spent regularly on buying then discarding goalkeepers he clearly couldn't stop making individual errors until he finally found one that didn't.

In answer to your first post, again - the likes of Mourinho and Ferguson can & do/did stop players making individual errors.

To your second post - any advances on 100% or are you going to leave the strawmanning there?

6 5

Other teams have easier run-in's than us, but we're in decent form and much better than the other relegation scrappers. So I think 5 wins (or 4 and a few draws) is doable from the last 11 games.

No way that I would've said that 11 games ago after the loss to Millwall that ended Dunn's reign.

Play like we have the last three games and we'll do well to win another one.

Spot on, it was dire at times.

We need to improve a lot and rapid cos we won't be playing anyone as :censored:e as Blackpool again this season.

When did we sack the fitness coach?

Spot on, it was dire at times.

We need to improve a lot and rapid cos we won't be playing anyone as :censored:e as Blackpool again this season.

When did we sack the fitness coach?

Yeah, Blackpool are as bad a side as I've ever seen step foot onto our hallowed turf.

Play like we have the last three games and we'll do well to win another one.

Anyone moaning about getting 4 points from 3 games where we've played badly, after picking up 12 points in the 6 games before that, is clearly just waiting for an opportunity to whine.

Whether the improvement in points gained will keep us up is questionable, but the fact that we've improved cannot be ignored.

Did we really see a team that was treating that like a cup final in the first half last night? No tempo, urgency or endeavour from anyone other than the front two.

It's safe to say that if we start as poorly as that on Saturday that we will be a couple down by halftime.

Anyone moaning about getting 4 points from 3 games where we've played badly, after picking up 12 points in the 6 games before that, is clearly just waiting for an opportunity to whine.

Whether the improvement in points gained will keep us up is questionable, but the fact that we've improved cannot be ignored.

I'm not so sure performances have improved all that much, things will get a lot tougher from here on in and I think we will need to perform a lot better to get the points we need.

I really don't give a :censored: about perfromances. Nine games ago there wasn't a cat in hells chance of staying up. Now we have a fighting chance and some people are actually moaning. Really??? It's all about the results. Four wins, four draws and one defeat. Keep digging in and fighting. Let's get over the line.

It's all about the points.

In the form guide (last 6 games) we are 8th. That is a massive improvement, might not play football like barca, might not even play football like barnsley, but who gives a :censored: at this point. Keep gaining points like we have and we will stay up. That's the only important thing coz if we go down we arnt coming back up. Should we stay up then next season concentrate on playing better

You need a certain level of performance to get points though and unless we improve dramatically we'll struggle to get enough to stay up. Rochdale won't be as inept as Blackpool were that's for sure.

How is that for sure? They may play badly. Who'd have thought we would have beaten Gillingham for example?

Did we really see a team that was treating that like a cup final in the first half last night? No tempo, urgency or endeavour from anyone other than the front two.

It's safe to say that if we start as poorly as that on Saturday that we will be a couple down by halftime.

We saw a side struggling under the weight and pressure of the occasion. I thought every player tried their best. I felt too many players were over-thinking every pass because of nerves. The time Mike Jones tried to take on their defenders when a cross was the best option is an example from last night.

You need a certain level of performance to get points though and unless we improve dramatically we'll struggle to get enough to stay up. Rochdale won't be as inept as Blackpool were that's for sure.

We've got points from 8 of the last 9 games but we need to improve dramatically? You do know that all of our remaining fixtures are also against League One teams don't you?

We've got points from 8 of the last 9 games but we need to improve dramatically? You do know that all of our remaining fixtures are also against League One teams don't you?

No I didn't know that, thanks for pointing it out, I know now. I also know that we're still in the bottom four and if we play like we did in the last three games that's where we'll be staying.

No I didn't know that, thanks for pointing it out, I know now. I also know that we're still in the bottom four and if we play like we did in the last three games that's where we'll be staying.

Did you also know that we used to be 8 points behind 20th place but now only goal difference keeps us from being there. If that turnaround is maintained then we will no longer be in the bottom four.

Did you also know that we used to be 8 points behind 20th place but now only goal difference keeps us from being there. If that turnaround is maintained then we will no longer be in the bottom four.

That I did know. Did you know that all bar 3 of our remaining games are against teams in the top half who all have realistic hopes of promotion or making the play-offs. My point being that to maintain that turnaround our performances will have to improve, a lot.

That I did know. Did you know that all bar 3 of our remaining games are against teams in the top half who all have realistic hopes of promotion or making the play-offs. My point being that to maintain that turnaround our performances will have to improve, a lot.

I love your optimism!

Is our current form in the last 10 games better than Doncaster & Blackpool?