Loan window

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of planning will need to go into good early recruitment for next season;

http://the72.co.uk/47108/enjoy-it-fifa-scraps-emergency-loans/

That will have to lead to a total change in mindset from clubs like ourselves.

Personally I think it will be a good thing as it can only be a positive to have players who know they are with us for at least half a season rather than the procession of month long loans.

It could be a huge blow if you get one or two bad injuries though.

Personally I think it will be a good thing as it can only be a positive to have players who know they are with us for at least half a season rather than the procession of month long loans.

Clubs will have to rely on their youth systems more knowing that any players that show any promise can be easily picked up by the big boys under EPPP...

Clubs will have to rely on their youth systems more knowing that any players that show any promise can be easily picked up by the big boys under EPPP...

Yes it will give youth a chance they arent getting now, we don't really know for example how good Danny Byrnes is as his progress has been blocked by several loanees.

Ok the coaches will have seen him in training and based their assessment on that, but that's nothing like judging from competitive games.

I also feel we need to bring back the reserve team, but I imagine the board will frown on any extra expenses.

Edited by BP1960

Yes it will give youth a chance they arent getting now, we don't really know for example how good Danny Byrnes is as his progress has been blocked by several loanees.

Ok the coaches will have seen him in training and based their assessment on that, but that's nothing like judging from competitive games.

I also feel we need to bring back the reserve team, but I imagine the board will frown on any extra expenses.

Didn't Shez get rid of the Reserves in his last season here? Not sure what the setup was like at Chesterfield and Plymouth.

I would suggest that it is more of a problem for the premiership and championship clubs who buy up all the talent and then loan them out for experience - there will be a lot of hopefuls kicking their heels. A level loan free outside windows playing field for leagues 1 and 2 can only be a good thing. You will need a manager that can improve players and train them in a way that avoids injuries.

Didn't Shez get rid of the Reserves in his last season here? Not sure what the setup was like at Chesterfield and Plymouth.

Correct. Sheridan was asked if he wanted a reserve set up or a bigger budget. The latter was the answer so we fished about for reserve team friendlies all season and had fringe players constantly struggling for fitness all season.

Very interesting read that article. Not sure if it would have been a good thing for us this season though...can you imagine us having been stuck with the side that started the season all the way up to Jan 1st?

Main thing that will happen is a lot more "free agents" being picked up out of the window.

From a pure entertainment value point of view I massively agree with this. How many times do we whinge about not knowing the team and the players having no affiliation or attachment to the club?

I massively disagreed with the introduction of the transfer window but if it must stay it should be implemented to full effect

There could be a possible downside of an increased reluctance to release players for such long periods.

Or more obscure players rather than more recognised names.

The increased Sky money will mean Prem Clubs and those with parachute payments wil be able t hold on to players.

Whilst relying on our youths can be percieved as a good thing, we also may not have players ready for the rigours of League 1 survival or even League 2.

There could be a possible downside of an increased reluctance to release players for such long periods.

Or more obscure players rather than more recognised names.

The increased Sky money will mean Prem Clubs and those with parachute payments wil be able t hold on to players.

Whilst relying on our youths can be percieved as a good thing, we also may not have players ready for the rigours of League 1 survival or even League 2.

Premiership and Championship clubs may have to release players or become overburdened, there's going to be some decent talent among them to snap up.

Edited by BP1960

Back of the Chron is interesting today with David Eyres calling for the board to support Shez in this transfer window, seems Shez has probably been fed a few spoons full of the same :censored: we've had to swallow in recent months. Why it would take a cry for help from Eyres to promt some action out of the board is beyond me.

Edited by yarddog73

Premiership and Championship clubs may have to release players or become overburdened, there's going to be some decent talent among them to snap up.

Adam Johnson will be available on a free in a few years , assume Barry boy has already set the wheels in motion !!!!!!!!!!!!