Let's keep him. He always looks knackered and spent most of the match on his arse today, but ohhh so important.

His partnership with Main and has been instrumental in the goals produced in keeping us up. I'm intrigued to see if we can get Main how it would pan put next season.

Edited by underdog

I don't think we'd miss him that much, despite him scoring the goal today.

Anywhere near the form he had last season and anyone in the division would miss him.

If he could get near to 100% fitness pre-season and play 25+ games next year, he'd still be our biggest threat in my opinion.

Biggest earner at the club....

If it came to it and you had to choose....

Forte

Or

Gerrard

Forte is a Championship level quality forward with fitness problems. Gerrard is a good stopper at our level with fitness problems. It comes down to what they want but I know who would be easier to replace.

Much as he frustrates me I think he'd be a massive loss.

He is massively frustrating. Can't work out whether he's lazy or?

Anywhere near the form he had last season and anyone in the division would miss him.

If he could get near to 100% fitness pre-season and play 25+ games next year, he'd still be our biggest threat in my opinion.

Without a doubt, the Forte of last season was unbelievable. The Forte of this season, not so.

With his injury record i'm not so sure we'll take the risk on him, considering we can't use emergency loans either.

Don't confuse your Forte's before Christmas last season and the one after, before he was lethal at times and scored with around 90 percent of his shots, I'd still like to retain him though for all his faults he possesses real quality at League 1 level, take away his goals and assists in the last 10 games and it would be debatable if we'd be safe by now.

He is massively frustrating. Can't work out whether he's lazy or?

Without a doubt, the Forte of last season was unbelievable. The Forte of this season, not so.

With his injury record i'm not so sure we'll take the risk on him, considering we can't use emergency loans either.

I thought he looked like he wanted away before he was injured this season and he pissed me off. Laying the blame with the previous regimes...

He and Shez aren't mugs. If he stays, I'd be optimistic that he'd be somewhere near his best after a good pre-season.

I would go Gerrard if I had to pick...we struggled across the back and he has brought stability and leadership to the back line. Players have performed loads better with him in the side!

I do think he's a plank and reading his Twitter feed he seems to think us staying up was all based on him alone but I don't need to like him to think he's a good player!

On his day a quality player. If he was injury free, he would be playing at a higher level. I would have him in my team anyday.

Barnsley were prepared to take a chance and although we don't know the reasons behind the move collapsing, Johnson was well aware of his injury situation.

Since then he has had an operation and returned playing well,i would think there will be potential suitors if we cannot agree a deal.

Barnsley were prepared to take a chance and although we don't know the reasons behind the move collapsing, Johnson was well aware of his injury situation.

Since then he has had an operation and returned playing well,i would think there will be potential suitors if we cannot agree a deal.

He failed the medical so they offered him a pay as you play contract on much less money than he is on here...he said no thanks to that deal. Pretty sure that is what was reported! Edited by super_blue

He's expensive, injury-prone, and he's only scored 4 in his last 39 appearances. BUT he was terrific for the first half of last season, and on his day looks a real threat.

Tough one. A pay-as-you-play deal would probably be most sensible... so I'm eagerly awaiting news of him signing a bumper new five-year deal.

On his day a quality player. If he was injury free, he would be playing at a higher level. I would have him in my team anyday.

Totally agree. His finish against Crewe was absolute class which nobody else on that pitch could have done and not very many in the 3rd division could either