The League Champions

24hoursfromtulsehill wins the Subscription League and John Platt takes the Free-to-Play League title. Congratulations to you both. :first::icon_peace::first::icon_peace:

The full tables will appear as soon as I can get them done.

Edited by Bristolatic

Top competition which went down to the wire, congratulations to 24hrs on a well deserved success, predicting is all about consistency and 24 scored regularly.

Well done to John Platt.

Most of all thanks for a great job from the organisers.

Cheers everyone. I think everyone can agree that this has been the most exiting season ever. Thanks to Pete and Stevie for all their efforts. I know I take the piss every so often but I like them really.

Well done to nzlatic - so near and yet so far from an Historic Double. Whether the cup run cost him in the League is now a moot point, but he's certainly up there in terms of also-rans. I just hope he gets the support he needs after this helicopter Sunday trauma and that he avoids sinking without trace for ever more like Joe P.

As for the rest of you miserable bastards...

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

"For the Subscription League only, there will be one other new aspect this season. Predictors will each predit in this thread the three teams winning promotion from League One in the coming season (5pts for each correct team), the four teams to be relegated (5pts for each correct team) and Latics' final league position (10pts)."

I genuinely had no idea about this new feature. If I'd have known I'd never have entered. When you think what a grind it is to predict the details of Latics games and you can get more points for backing the overwhelming favourites for promotion or relegation. Pffft.

"For the Subscription League only, there will be one other new aspect this season. Predictors will each predit in this thread the three teams winning promotion from League One in the coming season (5pts for each correct team), the four teams to be relegated (5pts for each correct team) and Latics' final league position (10pts)."

I genuinely had no idea about this new feature. If I'd have known I'd never have entered. When you think what a grind it is to predict the details of Latics games and you can get more points for backing the overwhelming favourites for promotion or relegation. Pffft.

I also had no idea there were points for this. I didn't even put a prediction in, must have forgot!

Potential for quite a bit of change at the top, or near it I think.

Edited by nzlatic

Congratulations to 24hrs and John Platt.

I must agree that the Subscription League was the most exciting one for some time. I may not have won it, but I enjoyed it.

Well done, Bristol & Stevie for well organised competitions.

I hope to be around when Stevie's kids are still doing the draw when they are in their 40s.

Congratulations to 24hrs and John Platt.

I must agree that the Subscription League was the most exciting one for some time. I may not have won it, but I enjoyed it.

Well done, Bristol & Stevie for well organised competitions.

I hope to be around when Stevie's kids are still doing the draw when they are in their 40s.

And the intervening years: "here comes the prediction cup draw LIVE from Snotrag Universiteh.

Maybe the points for the positions thing should be a separate and not very serious competition, like the Paint Pot, with the prize of free entry or a t-shirt or something. I actually can't believe someone like Ex_Pat, who's played his full part in the blink-and-you'll-miss-it drama this season, would lose out because of it. I was somewhat surprised to find that I had made an entry. Never did I realise that the competition, having been won in unforgettable fashion, probably leading to record participation next season, by a mere couple of points - the closest it's ever been - would be back in the balance, with 40 points on offer. (That's two bang-on attendances, or slightly more than 13 correct results or first scorers, or 20 correct half-times and full-times, or 40 correct scores for us or the opposition. There's only 46 games in a season for heaven's sake.)

I don't really care if the league table changes after Latics have finished all their games. Everyone knows that the true standings are the standings without those points added.

I tell you what it is: legal small print that renders everything in the large print redundant. It's the Tour de France decided by a panel of judges awarding time bonuses for the prettiest bum.

Update:

With 33 players, prizes are as follows:

League champion - £82.50

League runner-up - £41.25

Cup winner - £41.25

Donations of £76.78 made to both Dr Kershaw's and Latics Playershare. Thanks to everyone who has entered. :chubb:

---

Game on! Most of you know how it works but there are a few changes for this season, so read on...

Basic Set-up

There will be a Subscription Prediction League with a £10 entry fee and a separate Free-to-Play Prediction League for those who, for whatever reason, do not wish to take part in the Subscription league.

The £10 fee must be paid on or before 8 August for entry into the Subscription league.

There will be a separate prediction thread for each fixture, for each of the two leagues.

The Cup

The Subscription league will include a cup competition, providing there are over 16 players, starting on 3 January 2015. The cup fixtures will be confirmed, once we have established the number of players. Players will be drawn against each other and their scores for a particular fixture will dictate who progresses to the next round. In the event of a draw, there will be a replay taken from the prediction in the next available game. In the event of another draw, the predictor with the closest attendance prediction in the replay will progress. In the very unlikely event that they remain tied, we will draw lots.

Subscription Prediction League Rules

Subscription League rules are as follows:

• Players must pay £10 by PayPal to stevie_j@owtb.co.uk before 3pm on 8th August 2015, providing me with your OWTB username in the comments box. PayPal link below:

pixel.gif

Or you can PM me to arrange a bank transfer.

• I'll post a list of participants in a thread in the prediction league forum (Subscription League Line-Up 2015/16), so if you pay and don't appear in that list, please shout and we'll try to figure out what's gone amiss.

• The total fees will be distributed as follows:

Half to be used as a prize fund to be divided: 50% to the league winner; 25% to the league runner up and 25% to the cup winner.

The other half, minus any fees, to be split equally as donations to PlayerShare and Dr Kershaw's Hospice.

• Players must predict the half-time score; the full-time score; first Latics goalscorer and the match attendance.

e.g. Rochdale 0-1 Latics (HT 0-0) - Forte - 3,331

Please keep the predictions in this format - it makes Bristolatic's life a lot easier.

• Scoring works as follows (changes to past seasons' scoring are shown in red):

Correct result (i.e. W,L or D) +2pts

Correct no. of goals for Latics +1pt;

Correct no. of goals for opposition +1pt;

Correct full-time score +2pts;

Correct half-time score +2pts;

First scorer +3pts;

Within 100 of attendance +3pts;

Within 10 of attendance +5pts;

Exact attendance +20pts;

• No 'first goalscorer' points will be awarded if there is no goalscorer (even if you predict no goalscorer).
  • All league games (but not cup games) will count in the Prediction League competition.
  • Predictions must be submitted by 10 minutes before the stated kick-off time. Any predictons posted or edited after this time will not count.
  • Players must post their predictions in the correct thread for those predictions to count - Bristolatic can't reasonably be expected to check whether predictions have been put in the wrong place. Predictions posted in the incorrect thread will not count.
  • In the event that a player posts more than one prediction for the same fixture, the first submitted prediction will be taken as that player's entry.
  • For the avoidance of doubt, players cannot predict Latics to score in their result prediction and 'no scorer' in their scorer prediction for the same fixture. Likewise, players cannot predict that Latics will not score and name a first scorer. Nor can players predict a half-time score which does not align with the full time score (e.g. Latics to be 1-0 up at half-time and Latics to lose 1-0). Each full prediction should be fully-formed and be a possible outcome of the match. Any predictions submitted which are contrary to this rule will not be counted.

If you believe that there has been an error in scoring up predictions, please PM Bristolatic and/or me, rather than posting on the forums and we will look into it.

For the Subscription League only, there will be one other new aspect this season. Predictors will each predit in this thread the three teams winning promotion from League One in the coming season (5pts for each correct team), the four teams to be relegated (5pts for each correct team) and Latics' final league position (10pts).

Please sign up, if you have a spare tenner. The more players we have, the more interesting it gets in terms of prizes, a cup competition, etc. and the more PlayerShare and Dr Kershaw's stand to benefit too.

Free-to-Play Prediction League

For the Free-to-Play, please post in the correct thread and rules are as above, save for those relating to fees and prizes. The winner of the Free-to-Play league will win the player name of their choice on their OWTB profile. Please note, there will be no cup competition in the Free-to-Play competition.

Any problems, give me a shout by PM or email. Cheers.

As always, massive thanks to Bristolatic for his continued support and effort with this, without which it just wouldn't work.

Update:

With 33 players, prizes are as follows:

League champion - £82.50

League runner-up - £41.25

Cup winner - £41.25

Donations of £76.78 made to both Dr Kershaw's and Latics Playershare. Thanks to everyone who has entered. :chubb:

---

Game on! Most of you know how it works but there are a few changes for this season, so read on...

Basic Set-up

There will be a Subscription Prediction League with a £10 entry fee and a separate Free-to-Play Prediction League for those who, for whatever reason, do not wish to take part in the Subscription league.

The £10 fee must be paid on or before 8 August for entry into the Subscription league.

There will be a separate prediction thread for each fixture, for each of the two leagues.

The Cup

The Subscription league will include a cup competition, providing there are over 16 players, starting on 3 January 2015. The cup fixtures will be confirmed, once we have established the number of players. Players will be drawn against each other and their scores for a particular fixture will dictate who progresses to the next round. In the event of a draw, there will be a replay taken from the prediction in the next available game. In the event of another draw, the predictor with the closest attendance prediction in the replay will progress. In the very unlikely event that they remain tied, we will draw lots.

Subscription Prediction League Rules

Subscription League rules are as follows:

• Players must pay £10 by PayPal to stevie_j@owtb.co.uk before 3pm on 8th August 2015, providing me with your OWTB username in the comments box. PayPal link below:

pixel.gif

Or you can PM me to arrange a bank transfer.

• I'll post a list of participants in a thread in the prediction league forum (Subscription League Line-Up 2015/16), so if you pay and don't appear in that list, please shout and we'll try to figure out what's gone amiss.
  • The total fees will be distributed as follows:

Half to be used as a prize fund to be divided: 50% to the league winner; 25% to the league runner up and 25% to the cup winner.

The other half, minus any fees, to be split equally as donations to PlayerShare and Dr Kershaw's Hospice.

• Players must predict the half-time score; the full-time score; first Latics goalscorer and the match attendance.

e.g. Rochdale 0-1 Latics (HT 0-0) - Forte - 3,331

Please keep the predictions in this format - it makes Bristolatic's life a lot easier.

• Scoring works as follows (changes to past seasons' scoring are shown in red):

Correct result (i.e. W,L or D) +2pts

Correct no. of goals for Latics +1pt;

Correct no. of goals for opposition +1pt;

Correct full-time score +2pts;

Correct half-time score +2pts;

First scorer +3pts;

Within 100 of attendance +3pts;

Within 10 of attendance +5pts;

Exact attendance +20pts;

• No 'first goalscorer' points will be awarded if there is no goalscorer (even if you predict no goalscorer).
  • All league games (but not cup games) will count in the Prediction League competition.
  • Predictions must be submitted by 10 minutes before the stated kick-off time. Any predictons posted or edited after this time will not count.
  • Players must post their predictions in the correct thread for those predictions to count - Bristolatic can't reasonably be expected to check whether predictions have been put in the wrong place. Predictions posted in the incorrect thread will not count.
  • In the event that a player posts more than one prediction for the same fixture, the first submitted prediction will be taken as that player's entry.
  • For the avoidance of doubt, players cannot predict Latics to score in their result prediction and 'no scorer' in their scorer prediction for the same fixture. Likewise, players cannot predict that Latics will not score and name a first scorer. Nor can players predict a half-time score which does not align with the full time score (e.g. Latics to be 1-0 up at half-time and Latics to lose 1-0). Each full prediction should be fully-formed and be a possible outcome of the match. Any predictions submitted which are contrary to this rule will not be counted.
If you believe that there has been an error in scoring up predictions, please PM Bristolatic and/or me, rather than posting on the forums and we will look into it.

For the Subscription League only, there will be one other new aspect this season. Predictors will each predit in this thread the three teams winning promotion from League One in the coming season (5pts for each correct team), the four teams to be relegated (5pts for each correct team) and Latics' final league position (10pts).

Please sign up, if you have a spare tenner. The more players we have, the more interesting it gets in terms of prizes, a cup competition, etc. and the more PlayerShare and Dr Kershaw's stand to benefit too.

Free-to-Play Prediction League

For the Free-to-Play, please post in the correct thread and rules are as above, save for those relating to fees and prizes. The winner of the Free-to-Play league will win the player name of their choice on their OWTB profile. Please note, there will be no cup competition in the Free-to-Play competition.

Any problems, give me a shout by PM or email. Cheers.

As always, massive thanks to Bristolatic for his continued support and effort with this, without which it just wouldn't work.

You can dig in about this if you want but the only standings that matter to the actual players are the standings when the whistle goes on Latics's season. In the end, it's not my title on the line, but the credibility and integrity of the competition, which you once claimed to care about. Everyone knows who the champion is. The champion is the player at the top of the league when the whistle blows, not the one whose standing is boosted by the mad fine print.

You can dig in about this if you want but the only standings that matter to the actual players are the standings when the whistle goes on Latics's season. In the end, it's not my title on the line, but the credibility and integrity of the competition, which you once claimed to care about. Everyone knows who the champion is. The champion is the player at the top of the league when the whistle blows, not the one whose standing is boosted by the mad fine print.

In truth, someone who tipped Burton and Gillingham for relegation doesn't deserve to win anything.

I think I'll have to post two sets of tables; one at the final whistle on Sunday and one after the positional predictions have been factored in.

I've got some laptop problems which should be sorted out by tomorrow and I don't fancy doing it on my phone.

Everything comes to he (or she) who waits.

And we will all have to wait a bit longer as the play-offs will change a few things.

Edited by Bristolatic

:deal:

I think I'll have to post two sets of tables; one at the final whistle on Sunday and one after the positional predictions have been factored in.

I've got some laptop problems which should be sorted out by tomorrow and I don't fancy doing it on my phone.

And we will all have to wait a bit longer as the play-offs will change a few things.

I love and respect you Pete but this is getting silly now. Two winners of the same competition? I reckon that kills the competition stone dead forever. Certainly does for me. The players and the paying public know who won, hence the fannying about over hidden helicopter Sunday predictions. Someone should put a stop to this forthwith before predicting itself becomes a thing of the past.

I love and respect you Pete but this is getting silly now. Two winners of the same competition? I reckon that kills the competition stone dead forever. Certainly does for me. The players and the paying public know who won, hence the fannying about over hidden helicopter Sunday predictions. Someone should put a stop to this forthwith before predicting itself becomes a thing of the past.