Our Released list

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Jones going is a shame, can only imagine he is on a decent wage, but he does a job across midfield.

Praying we have only offered Poleon a contract because its peanuts, in the hope he rejects it. Would we get a fee for him then?

Options Taken:
Joel Coleman
George Edmundson
Danny Byrnes
Contracted For Next Season:
Liam Kelly
Connor Brown
Rhys Murphy
Jake Cassidy
Released:
Mike Jones
Joseph Mills
David Cornell
Rhys Turner
Jack Truelove
Jordan Bove
Theo Vassell
Discussions Ongoing:
Lee Croft
Tim Dieng
Jonathan Forte
Dominic Poleon
Jack Tuohy
Brian Wilson
James Wilson
Anthony Gerrard
Carl Winchester

I could think of a great argument for Mike Jones....

something like how the fkn hell can you try and keep Lee Croft but release Mike Jones!? :crackpot:

Mutual agreement?

Croft having had a better season?

Croft taking a contract which is in favour of the club?

Would like to have an in-form Jones over Croft, but can see exactly why Shez has let him go.

Well done to Brian Wilson who was left out in the cold at the start of last season, he wasnt even wanted at Notts County.

He has buckled down, worked hard and shown a good attitude. Since Shez arived he has been excellent.

Interesting that talks are on-going with Dieng, Winchester and Croft as I'm sure we have options on those 3.

That sounds like we are trying to offer them reduced terms from those specified in the option agreements.

Interesting that talks are on-going with Dieng, Winchester and Croft as I'm sure we have options on those 3.

That sounds like we are trying to offer them reduced terms from those specified in the option agreements.

Or we are offering extended deals to Winch and Timmy but are inserting pay per pie clauses into Croft's

Mutual agreement?

Croft taking a contract which is in favour of the club?

Would like to have an in-form Jones over Croft, but can see exactly why Shez has let him go.

Lee croft is a better footballer than Mike Jones. Far more intelligent. He just needs to shift some chub.

I agree that Croft is potentially better and showed well in a few games at the end of the season. What a difference a year makes player of the year and now shown the gate!

Panicked and thought we were resigning him for a second.

If Croft and Poleon are being offered low cost deals to be squad players then that makes sense with the loan system changing.

Shame about Jones but been a bit too up and down. Probably need more consistency from one of the top earners.

Lee croft is a better footballer than Mike Jones. Far more intelligent. He just needs to shift some chub.

Jones does everything Croft does aswell as or better than Croft (including crossing, and Croft is supposed to be a winger) and also scores goals...

Something hasn't been right with Jones though, moreso since Shez came in, and I'd imagine he was on half decent money...

Kilkenny for Jones would be nice

I've been told Kilkenny would love to come back but couldn't take what we'd pay previously. That might change now if he's out of work...

He'll be far from the player we remember though although should still do a job...

This bit confuses me? which season was this 2005/06!? because 3/4 average performance at the season end does not a season make.

Croft is always okay. Jones has been noticeably abysmal at times this season.

That's not to say I want Croft to play as a starter, he's just performed steadier than Jones when called upon, imo.

Like I said, I'd take an in-form Jones over Croft, but have we seen an in-form Jones once this season?

Edited by NewBlue

I've been told Kilkenny would love to come back but couldn't take what we'd pay previously. That might change now if he's out of work...

He'll be far from the player we remember though although should still do a job...

He would be head and shoulders above anyone we've had since he first played for us. Wellens apart.

My main concerns are:

1) We are releasing Jones but are stuck with Brown, Murphy & Cassidy!

2) Shez is making the decisions and he may not even be here at the start of next season. I hope the club has has some assurances from him even if they are not being made public that he will be still be here. Another manager might like some of the ones we are letting go