Then why associate the current 'feel bad factor' clearly vented for days by fans with this story. I think it's you who doesn't see in the replies prior to my post that in some way posters have made a link between club and this story. When actual fact the charges brought against Jack are entirely his own doing. In my opinion of course!

We are the club, the community - the association they're making, to my mind, is that in addition to the Shez stuff, no players, no money, etc. this is just one more thing for the club to endure. No one is remotely saying the club are at fault (:censored: at this point we can't even say he is - it's an accusation about which we know literally nothing!) but it's fair to say this compounds that 'feel bad factor' given one of our players has been arrested for being a nonce...!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are the club, the community - the association they're making, to my mind, is that in addition to the Shez stuff, no players, no money, etc. this is just one more thing for the club to endure. No one is remotely saying the club are at fault (:censored: at this point we can't even say he is - it's an accusation about which we know literally nothing!) but it's fair to say this compounds that 'feel bad factor' given one of our players has been arrested for being a nonce...!

Still nothing to do with the club. It's to do with Jack Tuohy and Jack Tuohy alone. He is connected by the association of being a player on the books and not what in his personal life he's charged with. It's our rank board that's garnered the feel bad factor over many years of failure. You also have personal reasons that no doubt manifests feel bad factors separate to the rest of us.

I wouldn't look to pass comment on any of this latest saga until the facts are actually established. Not to condone what he may or may not have done but until the court hear all the facts and make a decision then I'd suggest we try not to focus on this.

People get wrongfully arrested all the time, granted they've seen enough to charge him but until he has a sentence passed then don't get drawn in.

:censored: is bad enough with the Shezurrection likely turning into Shezxit, us not having a pot to piss in, should we or shouldn't we Ched, the NS not being finished 500 years after it began, to pyro or not to pyro, not being able to afford Holloway, the fact we are :censored: etc etc.

We are all in it together people. Keep calm & grumble on.

Still nothing to do with the club. It's to do with Jack Tuohy and Jack Tuohy alone. He is connected by the association of being a player on the books and not what in his personal life he's charged with. It's our rank board that's garnered the feel bad factor over many years of failure. You also have personal reasons that no doubt manifests feel bad factors separate to the rest of us.

If a public figure (which even a youth player is in football these days - as ludicrous as that may be) gets arrested it reflects on their employer. That's not to associate guilt, complicity or anything else. It's just a reflection - the same as it reflects badly on his family, not to say any of those poor bastards have raised him this way! You can't detach him from society and place the bad feeling on him alone, even if that's where the (accused!!) guilt lies.

This board (and The Board, indeed) are both full of :censored:. So is life. I tend to just smile and carry on, no point worrying about things you can't control.

If a public figure (which even a youth player is in football these days - as ludicrous as that may be) gets arrested it reflects on their employer. That's not to associate guilt, complicity or anything else. It's just a reflection - the same as it reflects badly on his family, not to say any of those poor bastards have raised him this way! You can't detach him from society and place the bad feeling on him alone, even if that's where the (accused!!) guilt lies.

This board (and The Board, indeed) are both full of :censored:. So is life. I tend to just smile and carry on, no point worrying about things you can't control.

I can honestly say anyone I've worked with, for or someone who worked for me found themselves charged with any offence related solely by and to themselves doesn't reflect on me.

I think I know my original post was indeed correct that some posters actually implied a sense of 'not surprised at our club' when in fact it's nothing to do with our club.

I can honestly say anyone I've worked with, for or someone who worked for me found themselves charged with any offence related solely by and to themselves doesn't reflect on me.

I think I know my original post was indeed correct that some posters actually implied a sense of 'not surprised at our club' when in fact it's nothing to do with our club.

I think you're reading into things way beyond what anybody stated in this thread.

There's a catalogue of events listed.

Nobody's remotely implied cause and effect as far as I can see.

I think you're reading into things way beyond what anybody stated in this thread.

There's a catalogue of events listed.

Nobody's remotely implied cause and effect as far as I can see.

OK, just my opinion. I am done.

Hi Guys and Gals,

Your much maligned Moderator here - I know, you all think I'm a :censored:. That's OK, people who actually know me think so too!

Please don't post speculative comments as to him, his accuser/victim or the case as a whole unless quoting from a verified media source (this excludes Twitter!) as this is evidently a very very sensitive situation and he's entitled to a fair a proper trial in due course.

Thanks,

Cunty McCuntface

People get wrongfully arrested all the time, granted they've seen enough to charge him but until he has a sentence passed then don't get drawn in.

Indeed. I wouldn't have liked to have been around on a Royton messageboard in 1995 after getting lifted at work on suspicion of staving someone's head in on Union Street. I'd have been judged, juried and executed post haste.

In reality I was sat at home that night watching Knowing Me, Knowing You eating a takeaway from the Sun Hing and the rozzers linked me rather tenuously because they suspected mates of mine had been involved. When they hadn't.

It's still bad timing in this world of speculation and messageboard ranting, mind.

Two questions immediately spring to mind. I hope I have read it right.

How come we did not get even the slightest inking between beginning of October and of April he been arrested, with an ex policeman on the Board. Not a blame it all on Barry, I have more time than most for him. The player is wholly culpable. Probably more an expression of frustration.

But more pertinently, we suspended him on April 27th, and exactly a month later we announce it. Why the delay? Genuine question, What was the reason? We could speculate it went to appeal but was that the reason?

Not a pot to just dig at the club.

Althiygh it would be the least surprising thong if Sheridan departure was announced today.

I assume the club did know he'd been arrested but chose not to act until he was charged.

I imagine it's being announced now because, hell, there's enough of a :censored:storm you may as well go all-in with the bad news.

• 4 weeks later...