X appointed new manager: how would you feel?

How happy?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Frankie Bunn

• Happy
    • OK/Don't know/Unsure
    • Unhappy
  2. 2. Iain Dowie

• Happy
    • OK/Don't know/Unsure
    • Unhappy
  3. 3. Peter Shirtliff

• Happy
    • OK/Don't know/Unsure
    • Unhappy
  4. 4. Tony Philliskirk

• Happy
    • OK/Don't know/Unsure
    • Unhappy
  5. 5. Neil Redfearn

• Happy
    • OK/Don't know/Unsure
    • Unhappy
  6. 6. Steve Cotterill

• Happy
    • OK/Don't know/Unsure
    • Unhappy
  7. 7. John Coleman

• Happy
    • OK/Don't know/Unsure
    • Unhappy
  8. 8. Alan Curtis

• Happy
    • OK/Don't know/Unsure
    • Unhappy
  9. 9. Rick Holden

• Happy
    • OK/Don't know/Unsure
    • Unhappy
  10. 10. Mark Robins

• Happy
    • OK/Don't know/Unsure
    • Unhappy

Different poll, as it is clear some contenders people are happier with than others, but not clear how happy.

So this is assuming they have been appointed, not how likely.

I've left out Scholes as 99% would be happy with him (there always one...!)

Mainly those genuinely in the running. Poll is limited to 10.

Editted I had Neil Redfearn in twice. Only half a dozen votes in,

Edited by singe

Surprised by the negativity surrounding Curtis.

Decent candidate from the looks of it. Would much rather have him than Dowie, who's been out of the game for ages.

Bit surprised no-one has voted happy for Frankie Bunn, albeit vast majority are unsure/neutral

• 2 weeks later...

Think if fans want loyalty and passion TP is the man. Well respected in the game and would have an eye for a decent signing. If we could keep a decent budget for him and shirtliff to stay on would be happy with that. Is John harbin still at port vale would try get him back aswell

Think if fans want loyalty and passion TP is the man. Well respected in the game and would have an eye for a decent signing. If we could keep a decent budget for him and shirtliff to stay on would be happy with that. Is John harbin still at port vale would try get him back aswell

I'd be pretty happy with a Good Cop Bad Cop of TP & Shirtliff

Edited by singe

TP is too important for our youth set up. We make more money from that than from senior first teamer sales. Trotman, Philiskirk (twice), Tarky, Scott Spencer, Eaves, Coleman, Renshaw all sold to keep the club going.

If he got the job and it went badly, I'd hate to think that we'd have to sack him and lose one of the most important people at the club.

TP is too important for our youth set up. We make more money from that than from senior first teamer sales. Trotman, Philiskirk (twice), Tarky, Scott Spencer, Eaves, Coleman, Renshaw all sold to keep the club going.

If he got the job and it went badly, I'd hate to think that we'd have to sack him and lose one of the most important people at the club.

Although we also made a decent bit of money on first team players when LDJ was in charge.

What if they handed him the job and got rid of the youth setup.

Wouldn't put it past them.

I'd be happy to see a clause like that but it must damage relationships if he takes a step then is forced to take the step back down.

Neil Adams did it at Norwich & maybe Redfearn did the same at Leeds, so it's possible. Just think it's not worth the risk when we must have other options lined up.

All I'm getting when I try and vote is "You must cast a vote in each question of the poll".

I'm no Bill Gates but I know how to fill a bleeding poll in on OWTB. Tried 6 or 7 times now so I give up.

Happy with Dowie.

Ok with Robins, Coleman, Redfearn and Coterill.

Unhappy with the rest.

Why? Because I think Dowie would be the only choice at this point to lift fans and bring a spirit back to the club.

Robins is competent and experienced but a red bastard, Coleman a failure at Dale but done well at Accy so not sure what to expect, Redfearn did OK at Leeds in difficult circumstances but nothing spectacular and Coterill seems a decent manager but can he work with a shoestring budget? Also his voice annoys me a tad.

The rest I don't think are up to what is going to be a :censored:ing massive job!

Whoever we get, they need to be in place last week if we're to assemble what would even remotely resemble a 'team'.

Hope the board make the correct decision this time or we're up :censored: creek without a paddle.

All I'm getting when I try and vote is "You must cast a vote in each question of the poll".

I'm no Bill Gates but I know how to fill a bleeding poll in on OWTB. Tried 6 or 7 times now so I give up.

Happy with Dowie.

Ok with Robins, Coleman, Redfearn and Coterill.

Unhappy with the rest.

Why? Because I think Dowie would be the only choice at this point to lift fans and bring a spirit back to the club.

Robins is competent and experienced but a red bastard, Coleman a failure at Dale but done well at Accy so not sure what to expect, Redfearn did OK at Leeds in difficult circumstances but nothing spectacular and Coterill seems a decent manager but can he work with a shoestring budget? Also his voice annoys me a tad.

The rest I don't think are up to what is going to be a :censored:ing massive job!

Whoever we get, they need to be in place last week if we're to assemble what would even remotely resemble a 'team'.

Hope the board make the correct decision this time or we're up :censored: creek without a paddle.

I'm getting the same message.

I'd be happy with Robins, as you say he's competent and experienced. Does someone being a red really put anyone off a manager? We're really not in a position to be so emotional about these things.

Same problem for me

Same here. Still not working!