Questions for Mr West

I have some genuine questions regarding the protest group and meetings held with the club.

After your recent meeting to clarify the best path forward for the protest group I would like to ask the following.

What is the main aim of the group?

What changes are you trying to bring about?

Are you open to working with the club to put forward ideas for things like fan engagement and helping bring more fans into Boundary Park?

Do you have a set of notes from the protest groups meeting?

Seperately you stated you had a meeting with the club previously which didn't help and is one of the reasons you declined the meet on protest day. Do you have notes from that meeting regarding questions asked and the responses from the club?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reasonable post and I would also be interested to know.

So would I. It surely can't hurt to keep supporters in the loop. Let's face it, there's enough complaints on here about insufficient news coming out of the club, so this should provide an interesting insight. In any case, I would have thought that someone would minute the meeting and, unless the club objected to certain aspects remaining secret, it should be an open book. And if the club were of a mind to keep things quiet, they wouldn't have agreed to the meeting in the first place.

Instead of jumping all over our incompetent board that have overseen this complete goat :censored: of the last 18 months - let's gang up on a lad who is trying to get answers and perhaps a reaction out of the club into explaining what is actually going on. You couldn't make it up. Mr West and his gang of little mates are the future custodians of the club, let's alienate them, shout them down and make them feel like they don't have a voice.

What a good job Corney has done on you lot!

Edited by SCOUSELATIC

Get used to it Aaron. I have no idea if you can or will achieve anything but I can guarantee you that people who won't post under anything like their actual names wiil have a go at you without contributing any effort themselves. Do your best not to rise to it - no upside in that.

Come along Wednesday 8:30pm St.Annes Rugby club.

Listen I have kinda fell into this "leader" situation the group got bigger than I ever thought it would.

What I will say tho is Ive had messages of support from people within the club in trusted postions so I won't be naming them on here.

I want answers to the following:

Why does the club only see income 1 day a week from the stand, and then the one day income is taken away to pay the debt for building of the stand, am not an idiot (debatable) I understand that it needs to be paid for but why is oec and brassbank getting sun-fri income as pure profit and not paying towards the stand?

What exactly is for sale? How actively is a sale being sought after?

Where is the plan to move forward to try and push for promotion?

Why on match days does money from the car park go to brassbank and yes it does evan on match days.

If Simon Corney is plugging gaps in the club finances why does he draw a wage under the title managing director? (According to a trust member)

Why is everything up and running in the north stand except the fans bar? All other businesses to profit brassbank and OEC are open.

What happened to the sponsorship money that would "give us one of the bigger budgets" in the league?

Look the article in the independent didn't appear from thin air, no smoke without fire as the saying goes.

Maybe the land does matter more than the club.

Instead of jumping all over our incompetent board that have overseen this complete goat :censored: of the last 18 months - let's gang up on a lad who is trying to get answers and perhaps a reaction out of the club into explaining what is actually going on. You couldn't make it up. Mr West and his gang of little mates are the future custodians of the club, let's alienate them, shout them down and make them feel like they don't have a voice.

Thank you.

I need to learn not to bite and post silly things and it will come with time.

Come along Wednesday 8:30pm St.Annes Rugby club.

Listen I have kinda fell into this "leader" situation the group got bigger than I ever thought it would.

What I will say tho is Ive had messages of support from people within the club in trusted postions so I won't be naming them on here.

I want answers to the following:

Why does the club only see income 1 day a week from the stand, and then the one day income is taken away to pay the debt for building of the stand, am not an idiot (debatable) I understand that it needs to be paid for but why is oec and brassbank getting sun-fri income as pure profit and not paying towards the stand?

What exactly is for sale? How actively is a sale being sought after?

Where is the plan to move forward to try and push for promotion?

Why on match days does money from the car park go to brassbank and yes it does evan on match days.

If Simon Corney is plugging gaps in the club finances why does he draw a wage under the title managing director? (According to a trust member)

Why is everything up and running in the north stand except the fans bar? All other businesses to profit brassbank and OEC are open.

What happened to the sponsorship money that would "give us one of the bigger budgets" in the league?

Look the article in the independent didn't appear from thin air, no smoke without fire as the saying goes.

Maybe the land does matter more than the club.

And what of the questions in the first post?

They are reasonable.

would be willing to work with the club? Yes of course but only once we have answers to the questions, and not just words but actual evidence.

Whats the main aim?

To find out exactly the situation as to whats going on, to find out where this bigger budget has gone to, and clearly answers to all the questions I put in previous post.

Like the banner said on the day sort it out or get out.

Good on you Mr West. Keep it up.

The club has been heading further and further up :censored: street for the past few years and on the whole we as a group of fans have just accepted it.

Corney and co come out now and again with a Latics player video or chron article and try to pull the wool over everyone's eyes then we revert back to the same old :censored:e.

Questions need answering. What's happened to the sports direct million pound sponsorship that would propel up to a top half budget?

What's happened to the money that the new stand that would generate, allowing us again a top end of the table budget.

The stand is build the sports direct sponsorship is in place yet we continue to sell sell sell. Not forgetting our manager has left us for a league 2 club.

The club is in a terrible state on and off the pitch and it's getting worse year on year.

Gang up? Aye alright then. Good relevant point. Next

Get used to it Aaron. I have no idea if you can or will achieve anything but I can guarantee you that people who won't post under anything like their actual names wiil have a go at you without contributing any effort themselves. Do your best not to rise to it - no upside in that.

If I give you my name and seat number will that entitle me to an opinion?

Some of the income goes to BrassBank because the stand needs paying off. I'd say like a mortgage on your house. So quicker the better I'd say.

With regards to a plan for pushing for promotion I'm sure we will see what that is like come preseason when we see or manager and players.

Some of the income goes to BrassBank because the stand needs paying off. I'd say like a mortgage on your house. So quicker the better I'd say.

With regards to a plan for pushing for promotion I'm sure we will see what that is like come preseason when we see or manager and players.

I get it needs paying for. Why should oldham athletic hand over the one day income they get tho to service the debt? When OEC and or brassbank get the income for the other 13/14 days based on us plaiyng at home every other saturday?