Chron today

I think we are such an unattractive proposition for a potential buyer. The owners will want too much money for the areas that make them money, car park land, new stand etc., which leaves you essentially the brand that is pretty much worthless.

The easiest way to quell any unrest is too put out stories of potentially interested buyers/ investors with the caveat that nothing is imminent. I'm sure I heard mention of a sales prospectus that was available that featured some ridiculous asking price based on the potential returns available in the Champ/ Prem.

I don't find the appointment of O'Driscoll particularly odd. After 16 years of management towards the end of which he looked to be doing different roles - with Liverpool and England U-19s - it's not hard to imagine that he may have had enough of that particular part of the game.

We have a board that is very light on football experience so appointing someone with the background of O'Driscoll seemed a good move. Perhaps the role being so thinly defined (in public at least) is down to it being quite a wide one.

The easiest way to quell any unrest is too put out stories of potentially interested buyers/ investors with the caveat that nothing is imminent. I'm sure I heard mention of a sales prospectus that was available that featured some ridiculous asking price based on the potential returns available in the Champ/ Prem.

Cynic.

Exactly what I thought?

I don't find the appointment of O'Driscoll particularly odd. After 16 years of management towards the end of which he looked to be doing different roles - with Liverpool and England U-19s - it's not hard to imagine that he may have had enough of that particular part of the game.

We have a board that is very light on football experience so appointing someone with the background of O'Driscoll seemed a good move. Perhaps the role being so thinly defined (in public at least) is down to it being quite a wide one.

I agree with all that it's just the fact we haven't heard a word from him which is odd in this day and age.

Think we've been attracting interest for a while now. It's jus our current owners causing problems by asking for too much.

How do you know this? Have you been told, preferably by someone who deals with this sort of thing at the club, how much it's on offer for?

Rumour of an Irish group.

The Nolans, The Dubliners and Daniel O'Donnell (isn't he Bristol City's goalkeeper?). With Graham Norton thrown in. On second thoughts, Graham Norton should be thrown as far as possible the other way. Oh, he IS the other way. Sorry.

With reference to O'Driscoll:

Turnbull on the Official yesterday: "I think with people of Sean O’Driscoll’s calibre and a very enthusiastic new manager in Steve Robinson, with a very able assistant in Ian Baraclough, along with Carlo Nash goalkeeper coach and Tom Hart the analyst, it’s a challenge I’m looking forward to".

Everyone has a job title except O'Driscoll. Odd? Turnbull's phraseology doesn't imply O'Driscoll is here short term either. More like part of the team he's joining.

How do you know this? Have you been told, preferably by someone who deals with this sort of thing at the club, how much it's on offer for?

The Nolans, The Dubliners and Daniel O'Donnell (isn't he Bristol City's goalkeeper?). With Graham Norton thrown in. On second thoughts, Graham Norton should be thrown as far as possible the other way. Oh, he IS the other way. Sorry.

I wonder what Bob Geldof's answer would be if approached?

Edited by BP1960

With reference to O'Driscoll:Turnbull on the Official yesterday: "I think with people of Sean O’Driscoll’s calibre and a very enthusiastic new manager in Steve Robinson, with a very able assistant in Ian Baraclough, along with Carlo Nash goalkeeper coach and Tom Hart the analyst, it’s a challenge I’m looking forward to".Everyone has a job title except O'Driscoll. Odd? Turnbull's phraseology doesn't imply O'Driscoll is here short term either. More like part of the team he's joining.

Director of football isn't he?

With reference to O'Driscoll:

Turnbull on the Official yesterday: "I think with people of Sean ODriscolls calibre and a very enthusiastic new manager in Steve Robinson, with a very able assistant in Ian Baraclough, along with Carlo Nash goalkeeper coach and Tom Hart the analyst, its a challenge Im looking forward to".

Everyone has a job title except O'Driscoll. Odd? Turnbull's phraseology doesn't imply O'Driscoll is here short term either. More like part of the team he's joining.

Wasn't the theory bein that SOD is a DOF but he doesn't want the job title. Perhaps he just wants to keep a low profile.