• Play Offs
    • Top Half
    • Bottom half & safe
    • Relegated
  2. 2. Will Steve Robinson still be manager in May

• Yes
    • No

Top Six

MK Dons - I hate to say it but they'll have none of the pressure & toxic atmosphere that Bolton, Sheff Utd or Charlton will & should be able to quietly go about getting back up

Coventry - half decent squad, decent manager, continuity...

Bolton - They've somehow still got a decent squad but it'll be a horrible place to play if they don't lead the league from the off. I reckon they'll be here a few years like many big clubs before them

Oxford - I don't recognize many of their squad which suggests they've kept a winning side together that can kick on as ften happens. They're as big a club as has come up for many years and I reckon momentum & the resources to add a few in January if up there should see them have a good season.

Peterborough - good owner, manager promoted from within, always attacking - everything we'd like to be. Should be there or thereabouts as usual.

Sheff Utd - I'd reluctantly tip them for automatic with the signings they've made but their new manager leaves a question mark for me. The horrible Yorkshire bastards will be right on his back if they don't get off to a flyer. That and the fact they just generally look like staying in this godforsaken league as long as we have.

Bottom Four

Wimbledon - I'd like to see them do well but I don't think they'll have enough.

Walsall - fell apart last season and will keep going backwards ably assisted by Dynamic Dean

Fleetwood - Pressley leaving suggests all is not well and their squad looks poor. Only just stayed up last year and look to have gone backwards.

Chesterfield - They're looking like a yoyo club anyway but atmospheres are going to be a nightmare with Evans playing and reading bits on their messageboard and Twitter there's massive fan unrest.

OAFC Position

14th.

I think we'll do better than last year in the unlikely event we can steer clear of boardroom controversy & incompetence.

That said my gut feeling is that Robinson is the real deal and might well have us flirting with the playoffs for a while or even better making them.

I like the fact we look to be going for a bigger side than we're used to.

This might mean it's not too pretty to watch and my worry is that won't go down well with some of our support and they'll be on his back unless it's producing winning football (and might still be even if it is).

Ripley looks like he should be a more reliable goalkeeper.

We've got Clarke from the off rather than Gerrard from February to lead the back line.

Midfield looks OK but will look very good if we can sign Green or, if not, someone similar.

Mckay's previous record is the best of any striker we've signed in some time so he guarantees double figures at worst for me if injury free and could well be our first 20 goal man in some time. Moreso if we sign another starting forward as rumoured.

OAFC Top Scorer

Billy Mckay

OAFC Player of the Season

Peter Clarke

OAFC Young Player of the Season

George Edmundson - I think he'll get a good number of games under his belt over the season covering CB & RB and might even make one of them his own. Great attitude & leadership qualities for one so young. A totally different defender but reminds me of Tarky in that respect.

League One Top Scorer

Leon Clarke

Other Predictions

We'll finally get some new investment if not new ownership.

We'll sell a younger player on for decent money in January - I reckon Robinson will be a bit LJ-esque where wheeling and dealing is concerned ably assisted by SOD.

Someone from one of these Facebook groups for..err...fans with "non-footballing issues" will get themselves in real trouble with the authorities :lol:

Someone will run on and have a proper go at Ched Evans. Probably a Millwall fan.

Oh, and we'll win the JPT after all this kerfuffle... :lol:

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Charlton will do well. Novak and Ajose up top, Slade as manager. Even with the off-field nonsense, they look a decent squad.

Think Peterborough will always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot and can't see them going top 6. Think Bradford will be there or thereabouts.

Fleetwood, Bury and Vale to struggle. And us, probably, but we'll finish 17th.

Top 6

Charlton. Good squad, better manager.

MK. Decent set up, manager knows how to win, pretty well equipped to bounce back.

Bradford. Reckon McCall will do a job here, Parkinson has left a good set up. Shouldn't mess around with it too much.

Sheff Utd. They've got to, eventually?

Milwall. Lost a couple of players, but Morrison and Gregory up top are goals.

Dale. Reckon this is their last chance before the squad splits up and/or Hill leaves.

Bottom 4:

Vale, Bury, Fleetwood and Shrews

Latics position: 16th. We'll be fine.

OAFC Top scorer: hasn't been signed yet.

OAFC POTY: This is it. This the year. #CW10 starts every game, creates hundreds of chances and scores loads of screamers. He gets a call up to the Northern Ireland squad after Robbo gives Michael O'Neill a call, and he leads them to the top of qualification for Russia. Or it'll be Clarke for organising. And Klok will get the fans' one.

OAFC YPOTY. Hope Edmundson gets his chance. Think we might not actually see that much of Mantack when the season gets going.

L1 Top scorer. Ajose. Followed by Simon Cox.

Miscellaneous: Ched Evans to score 10-12 goals. Robinson to still be here in May. Shez and Notts County not to be promoted. Cassidy to score fewer than 2. Klok to be sent off twice.

Top 6:

MK Dons

Sheff United

--------------

Coventry

Oxford

Milwall

Bristol Rovers

Relegated

--------------

Fleetwood

Latics - I just think we need more in the squad

Bury

Wimbledon

Edited by pukka

No doubt we will be tipped for relegation in all the previews, same as last year.

I'm not expecting any promotion pushes but think we'll be ok, might be a slow start though as don't think the squad will be finished until the end of the window.

Coventry and Scunthorpe my two for promotion.

Top Six

MK Dons

Bradford

Charlton

Bolton

Sheff Utd

Gillingham

Bottom Four

Bury

Shrewsbury

Latics

Fleetwood

OAFC Position

22nd - A pessimist is never disappointed and I think we'll struggle. The Board, while not wholly to blame, have left it too late to prepare properly for this season and we'll start badly and be playing catch up from early on. I like the sound of what Robinson has to say, but it's hard to tell much from that. We might have got lucky with him, and some of the players he's signed, but how often are we lucky?

OAFC Top Scorer

Ryan Flynn

Marc Klok

George Edmundson.

League One Top Scorer

Nicky Ajose

Other Predictions

We'll hear "destination is out of order" at least once a game on the Latics Player commentary

Someone will run on and try to have a proper go at Ched Evans. Probably a Millwall fan and regret their decision when they get to him and realise he's a big bloke and an athlete...who's done time.

Top 6

Millwall

Charlton

Bolton

Bratfud

Sheff Utd

The Franchise

Bottom 4:

Port Vale

Fleetwood

Swindon

Sarf End

Latics position:

14th

OAFC Top scorer:

McKAY 12 +

OAFC POTY:

McKay

OAFC YPOTY.

Mantack

L1 Top scorer.

Billy Sharpe

Top 6 - don't care

Bottom 4 - don't care

Latics position - 10th

I can't see Corney allowing the same to happen this season as last. He's signed a promising and well regarded coach as manager and boosted with a decent back room too.

I still think he'll pull a few rabbits out the hat financially for Robbo to sign 5 first teamers between now and transfer window shutting.

Leading Scorer - whoever comes as that striker

POTY - Clarke

YPOTY - Mantack (if we keep him on January)

L1 Top Scorer - Gregory

I see us (hopefully) finishing just above the relegation places, i think Clarke is a very good signing as would be Green (if we get him). Their experience and leadership will hopefully keep us above the relegation places.

I don't think currently we have anyone capable of getting anywhere near 20 goals this season.

Young player of the year could go to Mantack (as long as nobody shouts at him during the course of the season).

Top Six

Charlton - Russell Slade as manager and Novak and Ajose as a front two? They're a mess of a club at boardroom level but the three above things should get them top 6 alone.

MK Dons - a settled club with players who, despite not being good enough for the Championship, will do well at this level (sadly).

Sheffield Utd - they've made some shrewd signings, not least their manager who has steadily turned every club he's managed into promotion teams. The big question is whether steady progress will be enough for them.

Millwall - I can see them building on last season and being a really difficult team to beat.

Scunthorpe - finished last season very well, they still have financial backing to do well this year with not much turnover of players.

Bolton - a mess at the moment but they'll probably get their act together enough to make the playoffs.

Bottom Four

Bury - The Clarkes will be very difficult to replace and they seem to be a ticking time bomb financially.

Port Vale - the wildcard of the league with their transfer policy, I think it's more likely to fail than to succeed.

Walsall - they've lost so many of their best players that rebuilding is going to be difficult so I think they'll struggle.

Us - I like SR and I think the players he and the rest of his staff have brought in will avoid an embarrassing season, but I predict a slow start that will be difficult to recover from and I'm not convinced that we'll have the quality to get us out of trouble.

OAFC Position

21st

OAFC Top Scorer

Billy Mckay

Peter Clarke

George Edmundson

League One Top Scorer

Nicky Ajose

Other Predictions

One of the playoff teams from last year will struggle (happens almost every year).

Ched Evans will wind up an opposition crowd to breaking point with a goal celebration (probably Millwall).

The first manager sacked in League One will be in August.

The North Stand won't be finished by the end of the season.

Top Six:

Millwall - not lost many players and were strong last season.

Bradford - added to last season's play off squad and new owners. Something like 17,000 season ticket holders in this league is ridiculous

Charlton- as others have said, they have the squad and manager to get promotion if their off field problems don't sabotage that

Sheffield United - they find different ways to stay down, but Clarke and Sharp upfront will see them in the playoffs at least

MK - they'll get boring 1-0 wins and quietly sneak a playoff place

Coventry - another club with off field problems but a decent squad on the pitch.

Bottom Four:

Oxford - lost Roofe and their other star player from last season (forgot his name), and don't seem to have replaced them

Fleetwood - narrowly avoided last season and now Pressley has left just before the season, somethings wrong

Bury - lost their best players and their form dropped last season after a good start.

Wimbledon - admirable run, but I think League One will be a step too far. Mind you, Burton surprised everyone last year.

OAFC - same old story. mid table, possibly flirting with relegation. Hopefully get a cup run while Robinson gets used to management.

Top Scorer - McKay

Player of the Season - Flynn

Young Player of the Season - Burgess

League One Top Scorer - Ajose or Gregory

A few people think Bury will do poorly but despite losing Clarke to us they've signed Kay and Barnett who both play that position...

I'm very happy with Clarke but I'd still rather have either of those two...

Edited by HarryBosch