Scoreboard

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is a fixed scoreboard not somewhat superflous in the days of modern mass media comunication ? must fans at games now have access to the internet via moblie phones to keep up with scores etc

would it not be in the interests of the club to develop an app available to supporters at the game for a small fee to allow in match stats game scores and how they effect us ?

could be sponsored or allow a limmited amount of advertising ?

is a fixed scoreboard not somewhat superflous in the days of modern mass media comunication ? must fans at games now have access to the internet via moblie phones to keep up with scores etc

would it not be in the interests of the club to develop an app available to supporters at the game for a small fee to allow in match stats game scores and how they effect us ?

App development can cost an awful amount of money. You have The initial development costs and then the ongoing running and updating of the app. Not sure it would be cost effective.

App development can cost an awful amount of money. You have The initial development costs and then the ongoing running and updating of the app. Not sure it would be cost effective.

surely some spotty yoof can be encouarged to do that for us .and are the costs of an app any more than the cost and ongoing maintainace of a scoreboard ?

surely some spotty yoof can be encouarged to do that for us .and are the costs of an app any more than the cost and ongoing maintainace of a scoreboard ?

There is more to app development that you'd thing. For a good enough app for users to keep returning to you need to spend good money. Essentially you get what you pay for as with most things.

A scoreboard I would say is much more usable by the crowds and will have much more pull for sponsors as the numbers of viewers would be better.

Edited by super_blue

I use the Flash Scores app, lineups and rolling stats on there.

There were other options and the fans voted. That this Is what they wanted.

The target started off well but it was fairly obvious to the Trust it was not going to be met so we stepped in and managed to re-negotiated and extends deadline and reduced price. This has now been achieved and there has been "hands up" a slightly delay in the installation.

As soon as we have an update it will be announced.

Thanks for all who contributed

Edited by underdog

Said the same thing myself back in the spring after reading this article about a new app on Latics sitel

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/fans-set-to-benefit-from-revolutionary-new-mobile-apps-3034176.aspx

So no need to develop an app it's been done!

Apparently the scoreboard at Eastleigh cost £20,000 to buy so we may end up with something similar.

The Eastleigh chairman said the final cost of their scoreboard was £40,000. I guess it was similar to the scoreboard at Fleetwood. Ours therefore may be half that size.

• 1 month later...
Guest nonaenever

If you find one let me know.

BP - you must promise not to let anyone know about this, because you are the only one I`m revealing this confidential information to - but it's a sure fire winner. Latics are going to do a special, one-off share issue v shortly and it's bound to be massively over subscribed. If you transfer to me the large amount you want to invest in Latics, I`ll guarantee you will be first in line and will get an excellent rate of return. Please IM me for my bank sort code and account details.

You can thank me at Latics next friendly game........................................... in Australia next season.

BP - you must promise not to let anyone know about this, because you are the only one I`m revealing this confidential information to - but it's a sure fire winner. Latics are going to do a special, one-off share issue v shortly and it's bound to be massively over subscribed. If you transfer to me the large amount you want to invest in Latics, I`ll guarantee you will be first in line and will get an excellent rate of return. Please IM me for my bank sort code and account details.

You can thank me at Latics next friendly game........................................... in Australia next season.

Thanks for the info, but I've had a better offer by email from a Prince in Nigeria, who has promised me he will buy 99% of Latics shares and install me as Chairman if I send my life savings immediately by bankers draft. How could I refuse such a generous gesture?

Thanks for the info, but I've had a better offer by email from a Prince in Nigeria, who has promised me he will buy 99% of Latics shares and install me as Chairman if I send my life savings immediately by bankers draft. How could I refuse such a generous gesture?

Are your savings more or less than £2.5m?