Walsall, Saturday 13/8

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same team as last night?

Does Mckay get back in? Mclaughlin get a run out?

Walsall have a lot of attacking talent. Burgess won't be able to be clumsy against the likes of Oztumer. Penalty could be on the cards.

Burgess has conceded one penalty so he's forever clumsy? Edmondson conceded one a minute after coming on against Preston. Is he therefore going to do that every time he comes on?

I'd have to keep a winning side but think SR may change it and bring Mackay back. Croft has to start ahead of the new boy based on last night doesn't he. His place to lose?

Edited by palmer1

Burgess has conceded one penalty so he's forever clumsy? Edmondson conceded one a minute after coming on against Preston. Is he therefore going to do that every time he comes on?

I'd have to keep a winning side but think SR may change it and bring Mackay back. Croft has to start ahead of the new boy based on last night doesn't he. His place to lose?

He looks clumsy. Could've given one away last night too. At his height against someone over a foot smaller than him I'd say making a dodgy challenge is very possible.

On Burgess, he's conceded two including preseason games and I've seen him get away with two needless tugs where the ref should have pointed to the spot.

I did like the free kick routine last night where he looked like he was going to take it.

Can't say I've been really impressed with Burgess. Makes me nervous with the challenges that have/ should've lead to penalties and wanted an age on the ball before getting closed down. Maybe he'll get to grips with it but I think we've got to watch him get a few more mistakes out of his system before he goes back to Fulham.

On Burgess, he's conceded two including preseason games and I've seen him get away with two needless tugs where the ref should have pointed to the spot.

I did like the free kick routine last night where he looked like he was going to take it.

Edmondson conceded in pre-season not Burgess if its the Preston match you are referring to. I wasn't at the game, I watched it on PNE world & they made a huge deal about George having been on the pitch for Clarke less than 2 minutes. Edited by palmer1

From what I saw against Millwall, Burgess has the raw materials to be a very good centre back. It was just that he had a shocker that day. Most young centre backs will make their fair share of mistakes and Burgess's mistakes were poor decision making. Something that can be fixed with the right coaching. Fingers crossed that we have the coaches that can help him.

Edmondson conceded in pre-season not Burgess if its the Preston match you are referring to. I wasn't at the game, I watched it on PNE world & they made a huge deal about George having been on the pitch for Clarke less than 2 minutes.

http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/2016-17/oldham-athletic-pne-preston-north-end-match-report-3194930.aspx

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/match-report-latics-beaten-by-preston-north-end-3194790.aspx

Both clubs' websites reckon it was Burgess...

Like I said mate, not according to the commentators at the game & the camera guy that zoomed in on Edmundson, no replays at the time though.

could we be tied in with a loan deal (assuming Burgess is on loan - it's hard to keep up!) that means he's free to us or relatively cheap as long as we play/start him? .. if so that could dictate who partners Clarke!

If other clubs are dictating who we play then we might as well give up!

He will be on loan until January & then Fulham can extend or recall him no matter how many times he plays.

Edited by palmer1

If other clubs are dictating who we play then we might as well give up!

He will be on loan until January & then Fulham can extend or recall him no matter how many times he plays.

As a deal it makes no sense. Forced into playing someone sub standard (losing goals/points) because they're free at the expense of someone who you're paying a wage to anyway.

Don't buy it. My guess is Robinson rates him, feels that he'll come good soon and backs his judgement over the owtb experts. (See the case of the people vs Liam Kelly c2014)

Edmondson gave away a penalty against Everton this evening...