Today's Attendance

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big apathy, remembrance or not.

Let's not forget, whilst in my opinion there are a lot of positives on the playing front compared to last season.

There is still an awful lot of investment to be done to bring the stay aways back.

Until you get that 20 goal striker and a play off push on the go it simply will not happen.

Sure, we might get a cup run and the usual Merseyside encounter but the floater will only be around for one or two games.

Changing manager and squads every six to twelve months gives the team no identity.

It's my belief people will casually come back when we put a run together especially at home.

I don't think it'll happen soon though.

The summer can't and won't be just brushed under the carpet.

No casual will be looking at an entry price of £24 and be thinking it sounds like a fair price to get in.

Went today. Wasn't as impressed as the vast majority. Don't even know who most of the players are. Won't be hurrying back...

Guest nonaenever

have to agree - it was a pretty ordinary game - suppose you'd say a bit of a boring 0-0 draw but I think people are being a little bit more generous in their praise because many expected us to get hammered in reality.

I think some fans are being harsh, it was a hard working display, not firing on all cylinders yet which is understandable, but I see the emergence of a decent team here. A quick winger and the addition of another striker to bring about those elusive goals is all that's needed IMO.

A few good wins usually brings in more fans.

Changed my prediction today, costing myself attendance points today. Disappointing turn out.

Stevie, Mr24hrs general advice at the start of the season was: "Your first instinct is your best instinct".

However, he is too old to play the game now, and the game has moved on from his days, so do view his advice with caution.

What was the crowd? Couldn't hear the announcement in the North Stand

The speakers in the north stand are normally way too loud this time way to low all I heard was three thousand and then the rest was inaudible. I'm sure they'll get it just right ....one day.

Disillusioned by on and off field events over the last few years is no excuse for only 3500 Oldham Athletic Fans turning out

New Manager, entirely New Team, First Home League Game of the Season and the day headlined as Jimmy Frizzell Day, every true Oldham Athletic Fan should have turned up yesterday

Apathy can be no excuse for not paying respect to such a Great Club Man and showing our new team management and players what they can expect to have supporting them should they do well on the pitch

Apologies for the language but:

Our fan base is f*$k^n lightweight !!

We have only 3500 true fans and if that's all we have, how on earth do we expect to generate enough £s to build our future

I've struggled myself in recent years with all that's been going on but I wouldn't have missed yesterday for anything :scarf001:

If you're coming on here a lot and keep up to date then it's okay, but most fans will look at this team and think 'who?'. No identity without continuity. It was promising to the person committed to going on a weekly basis, but as a one-off game it was dull at times. Oh, and £24 for a working class, Northern town is shameful. They can forget their pre-booking :censored:, there are no excuses.