Would you rather have...

Taking this thread off at abit of a tangent slightly just watched MOTD and West Brom had a number of empty seats today just had a quick scan on there MB it's not the price it's £25 they are bored of the football.

My point here is this, while clean sheets are good if it's not backed up by wins and goals at the other end the fans will get frustrated with it.

Assuming you mean on contract rather than loan - 20 goal a season striker any day.

At the worst he could be sold for a small fortune and there always seems to be a classy keeper available for loan from a premier division team.

Also centre backs that can organise the defence are available quite cheaply. Clarke this year and Gerrard the year before for examples. The point being a very solid defence is easier to obtain and organise.

20 goal a season strikers are much harder to get.

Edited by Stagger Lee

Taking this thread off at abit of a tangent slightly just watched MOTD and West Brom had a number of empty seats today just had a quick scan on there MB it's not the price it's £25 they are bored of the football.

My point here is this, while clean sheets are good if it's not backed up by wins and goals at the other end the fans will get frustrated with it.[/quot

After years of struggle, a good solid foundation with some positive results will do for me. At least you have a chance that way. I travel 100 miles to a home game which has seemed a lot longer in recent seasons. Its early days but I now go to bp with some optimism. Hopefully, once the wingers get fit, the strikers will start to fire and the excitement levels increase. For now, quite satisfied.

I would rather not lose than lose 2 1 so a goal keeper (and defence) keeping clean sheets. I suspect we are going to have more than twenty, possibly 30 plus, clean sheets this season.

30 clean sheets?! As well as we're doing that's title winning form.

Edited by jsslatic

I would rather not lose than lose 2 1 so a goal keeper (and defence) keeping clean sheets. I suspect we are going to have more than twenty, possibly 30 plus, clean sheets this season.

30?!

Got to be a joke surely

A trillion pounds to PlayerShare if we keep more than 30 clean sheets...

No mention of it just being league games so it must include league cup - fa cup - tinpot cup as well as league.

a trillion you say, hmmmmm could even afford for PlayerShare to pay Gerrards wages with that.

All successful teams build from the back and I'm glad to see Robbo is getting there for us with Ripley looking like a great keeper.

However having just come back from two great weeks in the sun to a mountain of work, I need a boost....the signing of that striker to really kick us on and turn draws to wins will be a decent start to blowing away my blues.

No mention of it just being league games so it must include league cup - fa cup - tinpot cup as well as league.

a trillion you say, hmmmmm could even afford for PlayerShare to pay Gerrards wages with that.

Even if we keep 2 clean sheets in each of those competitions, that's still 24 clean sheets in the league.

If we keep a clean sheet in over half our games, I'd be pretty confident of getting promoted.

Guest nonaenever

Quite simple this one really - if we had a 20 per season striker in this squad, we'd probably be looking towards a play off place at the end of the season. As it is, without one, we will be bottom half for sure - and a couple of key injuries would see us in real trouble. We simply don't look like scoring - and I don't care if it's seen as moaning - it's a fact. The football's okay at present (and I mean just okay) but goals win games.

Quite simple this one really - if we had a 20 per season striker in this squad, we'd probably be looking towards a play off place at the end of the season. As it is, without one, we will be bottom half for sure - and a couple of key injuries would see us in real trouble. We simply don't look like scoring - and I don't care if it's seen as moaning - it's a fact. The football's okay at present (and I mean just okay) but goals win games.

On another day we're 3-0 before Bradford realise the game has kicked off.

The goals thing does concern me but it's not as desperate as you describe.