Transfer embargo...

The £72k from the FA cup tv money should deal with these issues. It's annoying that any slender hope that the money would go on improving the squad is now gone.

Also we may struggle to loan decent players if we aren't paying our loan fees.

The main question is will this happen again? We were supposedly being run within our means but these cash flow issues keep cropping up.

It's constant hand to mouth...

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The £72k from the FA cup tv money should deal with these issues. It's annoying that any slender hope that the money would go on improving the squad is now gone.

The main question is will this happen again? We were supposedly being run within our means but these cash flow issues keep cropping up.

The bigger question is the season ticket revenue from the March discounting.

My assumption has always been that the discount came from "future income" in the shiny new stand.

Given that the stand hasn't developed any further suggests no new tenant / income stream is due.

There's a very real risk that we are screwed.

£72k won't go far! 1500 tickets at both Rochdale and Bolton at £ 20 each comes to £60k and then we are back to square one?

£72k won't go far! 1500 tickets at both Rochdale and Bolton at £ 20 each comes to £60k and then we are back to square one?

At the time I wrote that, I'd only seen mention of the Rochdale tickets being unpaid.

Begs the question, what would the plan have been for paying these bills without that TV game?

Don't worry...if Simon Corney dropped dead tomorrow the club could carry on regardless....the only debt we have is to the 2 amigo's. I talk to a fair few owners and there are a lot of clubs who wish they were in our position and unlike ourselves are teetering on the edge.

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS THAT WAS.............

This :censored:ing stand has crippled us!

At the time I wrote that, I'd only seen mention of the Rochdale tickets being unpaid.

Begs the question, what would the plan have been for paying these bills without that TV game?

Corney would have gone into the bank with '£100k of his own money' and bumped into a random fan whilst doing it.

Don't worry...if Simon Corney dropped dead tomorrow the club could carry on regardless....the only debt we have is to the 2 amigo's. I talk to a fair few owners and there are a lot of clubs who wish they were in our position and unlike ourselves are teetering on the edge.

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS THAT WAS.............

This :censored:ing stand has crippled us!

The building of the stand should have in no way crippled us. It's the running of the club as a whole that's doing that.

There's no global financial crash to blame this time - everything should have been entered in to with eyes wide open.

Edited by nzlatic

Perhaps they could have used the £20 I paid them for the Rochdale game to pay the £19 they owed to Rochdale for the ticket I bought?

What a mess!! I actually stood up for Corney at Bolton recently as he was being slagged off, I'm not a Corney fan, far from it but didn't feel he was to blame for the pathetic attempt at goal from Reckord late in the 2nd half. Had a "discussion" with a couple of blokes and shook hands, at the end of the day we all want the same thing...a club to be proud of! This latest mini cash crisis is obviously just the tip of the iceberg though, we are lurching from one mess to another.

The one thing that has kept me and my lad going is the away support, despite all that's been going on over the last few years we have had a fantastic following. Saturday at Scunny was 50% of what it has been in the last few years...I doubt if there'll be more than 250 of us at Port Vale tonight. As Paul Heaton once said "apathy is happy that it won without a fight".

IF Corney really does care about the club it's time he admits he's done all he can, he's clearly not up to the task in hand, robbing Peter to pay Paul is too short term, we need belief, we need a plan to get out of the mess we're in both on and off the field. Time for change now before it's too late.

There's enough people that still care deeply about our club, time to come together again and sort it out.

It's absolutely scandalous, regardless of our own financial situation, that we have deliberately withheld monies from our local rivals and it basically amounts to stealing.

At this moment in time I am embarrassed even to be associated with Oldham Athletic!