Macclesfield cup tie

I'd imagine about the same amount of people who will watch our game on tv like us it will be welcomed money in the coffers for both clubs.

Indeed but for me it was a sobering thought to think that the rest of the nation will have as much interest in our game as we have in tonight's.

It brings home where we stand in the football pantheon

Indeed but for me it was a sobering thought to think that the rest of the nation will have as much interest in our game as we have in tonight's.

It brings home where we stand in the football pantheon

It shouldn't really be a surprise to you or anyoneelse that really.

I mean we've always been small time except for a few fleeting moments in the sun. Those good times will good times will come round again at some point.

It shouldn't really be a surprise to you or anyoneelse that really.

I mean we've always been small time except for a few fleeting moments in the sun. Those good times will good times will come round again at some point.

Not sure about that Glossop......in 1977 long before the glory days we played non league Northwich Victoria in the cup. From memory the crowd that day at Maine Road was 29,000 plus.

Lower league clubs cannot and do not generate that kind of interest anymore and all I am bemoaning is that clubs like us cannot reasonably hope to bridge the chasm that now exists.

Increasingly English football is just about 6 clubs full of overseas mercenaries and I am just reflecting on how it is sobering to realise that we are about as relevant to the wider football world as Glossop North End.

And that is not a comment on Latics , there are at least 30 other clubs in a similar trap

The lad Mackreth stood out for me as well, not only a handful going forward but also put in a right shift protecting his fullback, thought both of Macc's fullbacks were pretty solid and neither would look out of place in our team, if we get the ball out wide against Oxford next week Flynn and McLaughlin could have some joy