• Would Have Kept
    • Glad He's Been Released
  5. 5. Marc Klok

• Would Have Kept
  6. 6. Freddie Ladapo

• Would Have Kept

A number of Latics players are on short-term deals, either contracts or loans, which expire next month.

On the basis that the club's transfer embargo will be lifted and that we need to bring in at least 2 or 3 new players, would you keep any, some or all of 6 players? No doubt the parent clubs of Burgess and Ladapo will also have their say.

Edited by Mark59

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A number of Latics players are on short-term deals, either contracts or loans, which expire next month.

On the basis that the club's transfer embargo will be lifted and that we need to bring in at least 2 or 3 new players, would you keep any, some or all of 6 players? No doubt the parent clubs of Burgess and Ladapo will also have their say.

I imagine some out of contract players will be signed on short term deals. A couple are already training with us.

Edited by BP1960

Not particularly arsed about any but I said I'd retain Croft and Burgess.

Former on basis he's still one of the better players and he looks in shape - can't say he's ballooned like other seasons - and latter because, although he's a travesty of a footballer, we've been half decent defensively with him in the side.

The rest are utter trash and I'd have let them go months ago if I could

I'd keep McKay, unpopular I know. I'd also keep Croft on month to month.

Klok I'm not sure on. I like his commitment when he plays, not sure he's the most technically gifted lol.

Jahraldo-Martin only seen glimpses but he looked half decent. Not sure if still injured or just been binned off.

I've put to keep Croft and Dunne and release the rest.

Keep Croft because, regardless of fitness, we need as many good footballers as we can on the books. I'd also keep Dunne but only because I hope we'll get rid of Reckord and we need to have a left back in the squad. Hopefully Dunne will end up being back up.

Unless Klok and Jahraldo-Martin have been injured I'd get rid as they haven't made enough of an impression. Burgess is adequate at a stretch but if we can free up as many loan spots as possible that would be useful. Ladapo simply isn't good enough.

What is the crack with the loan rules? Is there still a quota on number of long term ones you can have per season?

Only half-season and full season loans are allowed and a maximum of 5 are allowed in a matchday squad. I'm just hoping we aren't allocated 5 loans over the course of the whole season or else we're already screwed!

If not I'd get rid of all our loans other than Ripley and try to get 4 good loan signings in.

Only half-season and full season loans are allowed and a maximum of 5 are allowed in a matchday squad. I'm just hoping we aren't allocated 5 loans over the course of the whole season or else we're already screwed!

If not I'd get rid of all our loans other than Ripley and try to get 4 good loan signings in.

Think it used to be 8, not sure about youth loans.

Would be nice to think our near neighbours might be able to help us out, probably best not to hold one's breath on that though.

Ladapo won't be going anywhere if Robinson can help it! Don't forget he was his number one target in the summer, the one who has everything in his locker (he must keep forgetting to get it out on match days) and the one he had to wait till the end of the summer to sign.

Ladapo won't be going anywhere if Robinson can help it! Don't forget he was his number one target in the summer, the one who has everything in his locker (he must keep forgetting to get it out on match days) and the one he had to wait till the end of the summer to sign.

Every manager signs duds, bit harsh to keep beating him with that stick.

17 have voted to keep croft :lol:

Voted to keep Burgess and Dunne mainly for continuities sake constantly ripping the team up and starting again has played a big part in getting us into this situation. Neither are that good or that bad Burgess being the better of the 2 Dunne I don't mind as back up LB/LWB/CB but would still look for a 1st choice LB if one is available.

The rest will have to go if they can't hold down regular starts in this team their is no hope for them. :getmecoat:

We need 2 centre mids and 2 strikers/forwards and a Left back as a bare minimum. I would also happily send back one of, if not both Erwin and McKay to make way for another striker/s. Reckord will be sent back to Scotland, I think Banks or Winchester could/should be sent on loan to league 2, should atleast get them use to playing at that level as that is where both will be playing next season either with or without us.

With only a limited amount of players we can bring in on loan, Corney is going to have to brink in a few permanent players so he's going to have to find some investment from somewhere because if he doesn't we are going to be down by Easter, an it will be on his head.

If he cares right now I would imagine he will be having a number of sleepless nights over the next couple of months.

Edited by GlossopLatic

There are signs Ladapo will score goals, he's had several snapshot just going wide, it only takes some of these to go in and everyone will be singing his praises.

Keep him and give him a good run in the side could be the answer.

There are signs Ladapo will score goals, he's had several snapshot just going wide, it only takes some of these to go in and everyone will be singing his praises.

Keep him and give him a good run in the side could be the answer.

The man lacks the basic ability of a footballer to control the ball. Might end up having to watch him through my fingers it's that embarrassing. Doesn't have a bad shot, true, but most players are like that. He contributes virtually nothing to the team if he doesn't score, that's why people favour impotent Mckay.

I'd much rather we played Erwin - he's got a better shot, been very unlucky this season with the woodwork, could've had 5 or 6, and can trap a football, dribble etc. Ladapo is a Conference player if he's lucky, and if we retain him it might tip me over the edge with this manager.

The only time we ever play with urgency are for the first 10 minutes of Croft coming off the bench - they're the only mildly watchable parts of our games.

I've slagged him off an awful lot, but he looks in decent shape, in decent form, and he adds something to the team. I'd say wanting to keep that Dunne is as laughable, he's a poor footballer and struggles defensively - desperately need a left back in Jan, add that to the two strikers and centre mid.

You mention ripping out a full team is costly, but Croft seems to be a continously popular figure within it. I'd usually say that's not enough to keep a place, but this season is one of exceptions.

The only time we ever play with urgency are for the first 10 minutes of Croft coming off the bench - they're the only mildly watchable parts of our games.

I've slagged him off an awful lot, but he looks in decent shape, in decent form, and he adds something to the team. I'd say wanting to keep that Dunne is as laughable, he's a poor footballer and struggles defensively - desperately need a left back in Jan, add that to the two strikers, left winger and centre mid.

You mention ripping out a full team is costly, but Croft seems to be a continously popular figure within it. I'd usually say that's not enough to keep a place, but this season is one of exceptions.