• Glad He's Been Released
  5. 5. Marc Klok

• Would Have Kept
  6. 6. Freddie Ladapo

• Would Have Kept

I'd let them all leave.

I'd rather Edmundson in the squad than Burgess and it sounds like Gerrard is due to sign once the embargo is lifted.

I would keep Dunne but on the basis on that Reckord is contracted until end of the season and we need a new left back unfortunately he has to go to create space for one as I can't see anyone wanting Reckord.

Croft - 10/20 minute impact player at best. Seems unable to affect a game positively from the start. His weight is likely to balloon soon as he gets a contract longer than 6 months.

Jahraldo-Martin - Barely seen him play, seems to have some pace but if he can't get in the squad ahead of everyone else then no point him being here.

Klok - Plenty of energy but appeared to be a yard or two off the pace constantly. Seems to have been injured for most of his time here.

Ladapo - Can't control a ball. Can't jump/head a ball. Most of the time looks like he can't be arsed.

CB, LB, CM, LW and ST all needed as a minimum (New manager also needed!). If we could get players in all those positions I'd then look to try and get another winger in aswell if possible.

CB appears to be Gerrard. LW I'd try to sign Martis on loan. Holloway would be a decent choice for ST if available. No idea on who could come in at LB and CM in middle of the season.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladapo won't be going anywhere if Robinson can help it! Don't forget he was his number one target in the summer, the one who has everything in his locker (he must keep forgetting to get it out on match days) and the one he had to wait till the end of the summer to sign.

I wouldn't be surprised if Robinson has decided not to extend him. I think Rochdale might have been the final straw. And Lincoln. And Southend...

Genuinely none in my eyes, was tempted for Croft and Dunne but decided against. Need a left footed left back and was going to keep Dunne as back-up but Wilson or Dummigan can cover there if needed and sick of givong Croft the benefit, true he's our best player for 10 mins but thats 1/9th of a game. The rest are really toss and ill pay there train fares home

Guest nonaenever

Can't quite believe it but when I stopped and thought about this - I actually voted for Ladapo to stay! Just something inside me says there a good goalscorer in there (like I always thought there was with Poleon). Right, I`ll go and eat some more of those special mushrooms someone brought me back from Amsterdam :OASISscarf:

What a sad situation we have especially with strikers.When I first started supporting Latics we had Fryatt and Shaw and for ages after we always had two good strikers.Now it is absolute :censored:e and boring.Some games I only stop falling asleep when I spill a hot coffee on my legs!!!

keep croft, dunne and Klok almost if not entirely because they seem to actually give a :censored:, unlike most of the rest of our overpaid fairies (obvious exceptions).

Get rid of burgess, it's like watching a baby giraffe on roller skates. Bring back edmundson and let's develop our own youngsters, this sort of loan is a complete waste of time, in fact it's worse than that denying opportunities to our own prospects.wouldnt waste a wage on gerrard good as he is, we have Clarke and the defence has been generally ok aside from set pieces. We need a midfielder with some workrate and bite, ability to pass a ball forwards would be nice. Green should have been this, he isn't.

Ladspo will probably go somewhere and bag for fun, he's quick and has shown (very) rare glimpses of ability but not a player we need in this fight. Bring in a proper target man and let McKay and Erwin work off him. Erwin could probably play on the wing, one of the few (only?) players we have that can run with the ball.

Don't even know what Jeraldo looks like, good friends with Arnold though I hear - get rid.

I voted get rid of Burgess as I just dont trust him at the moment. Having said that you all know in 18 months to 3 years he will be a regular n the Championship for someone. You'll hear his name on tv and think 'he was :censored: for us!'

Didnt Ladapo make his debut at this level for Colchester before being released into non league? get rid as we need someone for now not someone who might be good in the future.

I voted get rid of Burgess as I just dont trust him at the moment. Having said that you all know in 18 months to 3 years he will be a regular n the Championship for someone. You'll hear his name on tv and think 'he was :censored: for us!'

Didnt Ladapo make his debut at this level for Colchester before being released into non league? get rid as we need someone for now not someone who might be good in the future.

We can all see Burgess's short passing game isn't up to scratch and I my instructions to him in the present situation would be to put his foot through the ball with height as far down the flanks as possible, not pretty, but we can't afford so many lacksadasicle errors.

On the plus side his interceptions are good and he seems to be getting on the end of things in the opposition penalty area.

I'd persist with him on that basis.

If Gerrard signs for another club (2 others want him according to the Chron) I assume they will be charging him for use of the clubs facilities and injury treatment for the months he has been here. No such thing as free lunch any more is there?

Edited by BP1960

If Gerrard signs for another club (2 others want him according to the Chron) I assume they will be charging him for use of the clubs facilities and injury treatment for the months he has been here. No such thing as free lunch any more is there?

It'll make up for the late/unpaid wages Gerrard alluded to in the summer..

Guest nonaenever

Erwin could probably play on the wing, one of the few (only?) players we have that can run with the ball.

This is the beauty of football - how we all see things differently.

Simply never been able to envisage Erwin as a winger. Earlier in the season, he looked quite dangerous down the middle - then defenders sussed out that he wants to do "too much" fancy stuff all the time and ends up giving possession away cheaply. He then started drifting out to the wing (perhaps on international calibre coaching advice?) and became the completely ineffective player he is now.

IF he were to be more direct, shoot more and stop trying to be a fancy dan all the time - he may just turn out to be good. That's down to the coaches I think.

Come on, you're not naïve. They offered him use of the facilities as a sweetener to sign. Of course there's a free lunch when you're trying an incentive.

Guest nonaenever

It will be a bitter pill and hard to swallow if he doesn't sign then?

You know, Gerrard was superb for us last season but I have a nagging feeling that a Gerrard/Clarke partnership might not be the dream ticket that many think it would. At present Clarke is clearly "the Daddy" - we know Gerrard likes that tag too - could end up an abrasive partnership?

Also, both players are slow on their feet - I would love to see a quick, strong centre back beside either Clarke or Gerrard (if he came).

Genuinely none in my eyes, was tempted for Croft and Dunne but decided against. Need a left footed left back and was going to keep Dunne as back-up but Wilson or Dummigan can cover there if needed and sick of givong Croft the benefit, true he's our best player for 10 mins but thats 1/9th of a game. The rest are really toss and ill pay there train fares home[/quote

Thats more than most of the others give

Can't quite believe it but when I stopped and thought about this - I actually voted for Ladapo to stay! Just something inside me says there a good goalscorer in there (like I always thought there was with Poleon). Right, I`ll go and eat some more of those special mushrooms someone brought me back from Amsterdam :OASISscarf:

Probably is but it won't be here. As poleon shows