• Glad He's Been Released
  6. 6. Freddie Ladapo

• Would Have Kept
    • Glad He's Been Released

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I trust the manager's judgement anymore, so I'd actually be inclined keep the players that haven't played much!

Jahraldo-Martin and Ossei look like creative, attacking players - the kind most of us want to watch, but the kind that wouldn't get into a side that plays with no attackers.

If Ripley is recalled/released we are well and truly stuffed and this is just an academic exercise.

Our lowish number of goals against, with a generally poor midfield suggests we should be looking higher up the pitch for changes so we should keep Burgess and Dunne (unless in the unlikely event Robinson finds better replacements).

Players who can't last the full 90 minutes should not be in the squad. Croft should start and be left to blow - he certainly has more stamina than Bambi and he seems to care.

There is a player in Ladapo but not I sense one who will do much good for us in a relegation battle. He is not an old fashioned centre forward needing the ball to feet. No point keeping him given the way we play.

I only saw Klok play once this season in the Millwall disaster and he displayed a creditable cameo when coming on as a substitute....tackling, passing, corners with pace, free kicks and the odd shot.

After that game, based on Latics Player commentaries I listened to, SR shoved him on the wing where his lack of pace was evident.

Did he ever appear again in a CM role before his series of injuries?

I only saw Klok play once this season in the Millwall disaster and he displayed a creditable cameo when coming on as a substitute....tackling, passing, corners with pace, free kicks and the odd shot.

After that game, based on Latics Player commentaries I listened to, SR shoved him on the wing where his lack of pace was evident.

Did he ever appear again in a CM role before his series of injuries?

Plenty of times.

In fairness to him, it was during perhaps our most competent looking spell of the season, but he just looked like the game passed him, off the pace. He's not terrible on the ball or in the tackle, he does press and can take a dead-ball, he just never seemed to stamp himself on the game.

Green and Fane always looked more influential than him.

You know, Gerrard was superb for us last season but I have a nagging feeling that a Gerrard/Clarke partnership might not be the dream ticket that many think it would. At present Clarke is clearly "the Daddy" - we know Gerrard likes that tag too - could end up an abrasive partnership?

Also, both players are slow on their feet - I would love to see a quick, strong centre back beside either Clarke or Gerrard (if he came).

I have to agree....too similar in physique mentality and career stage....Clarke won't do for Gerrard what J Wilson did last year

If Ripley is recalled/released we are well and truly stuffed and this is just an academic exercise.

I did say the very same even before the season started. Should have kept Coleman, at least he was ours and potentially worth decent money in the future

Not sure we'd ever have got more than £100,000 for him. Especially if he was sat on the bench.

Edited by OneSizeFitz

Not sure we'd ever have got more than £100,000 for him. Especially if he was sat on the bench.

Knowing Latics we wouldnt get that for him if he was keeping for England, but seriously he could have been worth a lot more than £50K with another season under his belt Edited by ChaddySmoker

Totally unconfirmed sources tell me Erwin's going back to Leeds.

Massive shame he's not worked out.

For all the genuine :censored: we've got, he's actually a very talented footballer.

Have to portion a lot of blame on the manager for not getting it out of him, and a bit of bad luck that he hit the post so often.

Massive shame he's not worked out.

For all the genuine :censored: we've got, he's actually a very talented footballer.

Have to portion a lot of blame on the manager for not getting it out of him, and a bit of bad luck that he hit the post so often.

To hit the post so many times is beyond bad luck

Erwin appears to be a poor mans Connor Wilkinson. Like Wilkinson I think Erwin will have to learn that he needs to do more getting into the penalty area if he's going to make it as a striker and I don't see him as a winger either.

Poor man's Conor Wilkinson - nah. Ability is very similar, while Wilkinson played in a better Oldham team than this which actually scored a few and played with intensity and confidence, but the sentiment is correct.

Also I think what someone needs to do with Erwin is teach him how to play with his back to goal play the width of the penalty area and try to get people to fire balls into him his size and his overall technique with the ball at his feet should mean he's got the natrual tools to do this.

If a decent manager/coach can convince him he's a number 9 not a number 10 (and plays him there) then their is hope for him.

Also I think what someone needs to do with Erwin is teach him how to play with his back to goal play the width of the penalty area and try to get people to fire balls into him his size and his overall technique with the ball at his feet should mean he's got the natrual tools to do this.

If a decent manager/coach can convince him he's a number 9 not a number 10 (and plays him there) then their is hope for him.

Had we had Johnson here, you never know. The bloke certainly knew how to get the best out of players. Robinson's men look to have regressed generally - I couldn't look at one and say he'd definitely improved.