The January Window

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? If it were that important (and I'm not sure it is, by the way), and he didn't think we were likely to progress to the next round under Robinson, why wouldn't Corney sack him?

A sacking now could prove unsettling ahead of such an important game.

And it is an important game.

A sacking now could prove unsettling ahead of such an important game.

And it is an important game.

Or his logic might be that a new manager may galvanise the team to victory. New manager bounce and all that.

...I'm not sure I'd be massively concerned if it were unsettling to this lot - they're hardly producing the goods at the minute anyway.

Nothing to suggest it hasn't been/wasn't paid.

Is that not exactly the point ! The club must know whether the embargo is being lifted or not......they just have not deigned to share anything with the fans....again!

Edited by Magister

Holloway is out injured (one of them season long injuries), Main was on the bench the last I saw.

Holloway played first half v bury and was subbed

Heard he may be on his way back to us in January, with two out, one to Orient and one to Cheltenham

Well is the embargo being lifted or not? There are 2 banking days left before January 1st......I can't believe we don't know whether we are transferring £ 300k or not. Perhaps in his new spirit of openness Mr Corney could tell us?

I'm sure when we went to the last meet the manager we were told that the 2nd half payment from the Football league funding is due 1st Jan .

Any monies outstanding to others clubs re tickets / transfer fees etc is deducted from it so we should be clear 1st Jan.

How much will be left after is anybodies guess !!!!!

There's nothing to suggest he is badly out of his depth or has lost the dressing room, progression in the cup will be seen as crucial though with the rewards on offer.

Apart from having us bottom of the league after 22 games having only scored in 8 of them (and one of them games it was an OG). Thats before getting started on him producing some of the :censored:test and most boring football many have witnessed at BP. Then you could start on his lack of foresight during games (players on bookings looking like being sent off - see Green and Fane x2, leaving players on when clearly knackered etc).

He might be a nice person and hard working but he's out of his depth as a manager at the minute.

Apart from having us bottom of the league after 22 games having only scored in 8 of them (and one of them games it was an OG). Thats before getting started on him producing some of the :censored:test and most boring football many have witnessed at BP. Then you could start on his lack of foresight during games (players on bookings looking like being sent off - see Green and Fane x2, leaving players on when clearly knackered etc).

He might be a nice person and hard working but he's out of his depth as a manager at the minute.

A lot of that is just down to circumstances though isn't it?

I do think he's a dud and not right for us but I couldn't say he appears out of his depth.

If we had Holloway back, do people really believe he would be our get out of jail card !!!!!!!

I think he'd make a massive difference, yep.

We've got many issues, but the biggest is a striker who can lead the line. Holloway can do that, and well.

We'd be a far, far better team with him in the side. We'd have an outlet up front and it might actually help to push us up the pitch 10 yards.

Just seen the above: Meh. Point still stands...

Edited by NewBlue

A lot of that is just down to circumstances though isn't it?

I do think he's a dud and not right for us but I couldn't say he appears out of his depth.

It costs nothing to send out a team with a positive mindset to go and attack. The players signed were his choices. You could argue that he had to go with what was left but the likes of Mckay, Erwin and Ladapo were his first choices and he has said as much.

The only two playing well consistently are Ripley and Clarke. He'll have barely anything to do with Ripley in training and he won't have much, if anything to teach Clarke. The rest have largely regressed since the start of the season and may have a decent game every now and then.