Robbo on the brink? Has a previous manager ever turned it round from such a position?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penney was appointed on 30 April 2009.

We signed Joe Jacobson on 18 June 2009.

We signed Dean Furman on 29 June 2009.

Not sure if your post is suggesting we had a manager already when these were signed. As has been mentioned above, Corney was involved in the Jacobson signing. Not the first and last time.

Jewish players Nick Blackman and Joe Colbeck also played for us that season. Funny thing is, all 4 would probably get in this team now!

Robinsons comments about the players on short term deals and needing to be professional because they are being paid come from him being in the same position. Once the embargo goes he's going and I believe he knows.

Or SR is aware the embargo wont be lifted and sees little point speculating about signings he cant even make.

Watched his interview. I don't read in to it what a few are saying. I think he came across quite well. Determined and doesn't want to get drawn in to speculation on transfers so sticks to the usual football mantra of one game at a time. He comes across as quite strong willed and point out that what we have is what we can afford

Not sure if your post is suggesting we had a manager already when these were signed. As has been mentioned above, Corney was involved in the Jacobson signing. Not the first and last time.

Jewish players Nick Blackman and Joe Colbeck also played for us that season. Funny thing is, all 4 would probably get in this team now!

It was only in relation to the 'all arriving at once' aspect to accurately reflect the timeline. Clearly Corney was involved with the Jacobson signing.

Forgot about Blackman. And I'm not at all sure why people think Colbeck was Jewish - never seen anything other than on here to that effect and the moment anybody Jewish has any form of relative sporting (or any other) success then it will at least be reported in the Jewish press.

It was only in relation to the 'all arriving at once' aspect to accurately reflect the timeline. Clearly Corney was involved with the Jacobson signing.

Forgot about Blackman. And I'm not at all sure why people think Colbeck was Jewish - never seen anything other than on here to that effect and the moment anybody Jewish has any form of relative sporting (or any other) success then it will at least be reported in the Jewish press.

Joe Colbeck (it really winds me up having to type his name) definitely wasn't a Corney signing. That's all down to Penney - he played under him at Darlo.

Joe Colbeck (it really winds me up having to type his name) definitely wasn't a Corney signing. That's all down to Penney - he played under him at Darlo.

Might be so. But there was an article in The Jewish Chronicle back at the time that named him as 1 of the Jewish quartet we had signed (if not quite all at once) for the season ahead.

well maybe statistically but there was still more hope for me then than now

I did mean points wise. I really thought we were going down having had Holden, Kelly and at that point Dunn. And when Shez was appointed I (wrongly) was not very inspired.

It seems closer in the league this year, but as I said in another post we won't be able to carry on much longer at this rate before we are dead and buried, whereas I thought we were last year.

Something has to change. The only saving grace for Robbo is the fact he inherited 5 players and sign 22.

I haven't seen anything that inspires me to keep Robbo, just a tough start.

I did mean points wise. I really thought we were going down having had Holden, Kelly and at that point Dunn. And when Shez was appointed I (wrongly) was not very inspired.

It seems closer in the league this year, but as I said in another post we won't be able to carry on much longer at this rate before we are dead and buried, whereas I thought we were last year.

Something has to change. The only saving grace for Robbo is the fact he inherited 5 players and sign 22.

I haven't seen anything that inspires me to keep Robbo, just a tough start.

Saving grace? How many of them would you deem to be a success...