Sheridan sacked

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't realise we had so many rich supporters. Sheridan went for more money. If I was in a job and someone offered me an extra 30% on my wage I would snap their hand off. No such thing as loyalty when you want to provide the best for your family.

If it gives us a chance of staying up then I'd welcome hom back. Although based on today I think we have a chance of staying up.

I thought we turned a corner after a great performance against top of the table Scunthorpe... don't think we've scored a league goal since...

I know-I have this great idea to save our season and keep us up.

Lets get a new manager from a division lower than us that has just lost 9- yes 9 straight games in a row. He must be doing something right.

If he keeps us up then we can offer him the job for the following season-as long as no one else offers him 10 bob more than us and he jumps ship just before we start preseason.

I know-I have this great idea to save our season and keep us up.

Lets get a new manager from a division lower than us that has just lost 9- yes 9 straight games in a row. He must be doing something right.

He was hardly flying with Newport last season when we brought him back.

In theory agree however in practice...You are wrong IMHO. Better in a decent job at £50,000 with respect and security of three or four years than one for half a year at 30% more based on false promises that lasts 6 months and leaves you out of work surely.

Hindsight is a great thing, and having worked with Corney before, doubt Shez would have banked on three or four years!

Is it? I'd probably still take Sheridan because of what he did last season & he's John Sheridan but to pair him with another that left recently (& he apparently decided to leave before Johnson) would be a bit too much.

Any better suggestions?

Carry on as we are and we are going down something has to change.

Even if that means he leaves again that's the risk I'd be prepared to take.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I'll be totally honest and say I'm no football expert, but I still can't work out how he, bearing in mind 'his' team is fast approaching the depths of non league football can be seen as a saviour?

.. I'll happily take on 'expert' opinions but I would still think that 1 or 2 thing would inevitably happen ..

1. he'll get dogs abuse the moment something goes wrong or for that matter expectations aren't met ..

2. people will be in emotional downfall the moment he gets 'linked' with another job

... like i say no expert, but I can't see the benefits in him coming back - again!

Edited by thetramdriver

Guest nonaenever

In theory agree however in practice...You are wrong IMHO. Better in a decent job at £50,000 with respect and security of three or four years than one for half a year at 30% more based on false promises that lasts 6 months and leaves you out of work surely.

OldH - in normal life, you are right - but this is football. Shez will be entitled to "contractual compensation" so will pocket a nice wedge - and then free to come and manage us (or anyone else - and several will want him). Mercenary it may seem to us mere mortals but that's football for you. We did shaft him previously too - so let's have a drink, welcome him back and most importantly, massively increase our chances of staying up.

As for Tommy Wright - definitely not - fans will not forgive you for your attitude and snide comments when you came back with that team from the dark side of the hills.

It's to his credit despite the bad results this season the team really played for SR today, have the players being doing that at Notts County for JS?

He's now hit on a system which works best for him and with a few additions things should improve, do we want to rip everything apart yet again.?

It's to his credit despite the bad results this season the team really played for SR today, have the players being doing that at Notts County for JS?

He's now hit on a system which works best for him and with a few additions things should improve, do we want to rip everything apart yet again.?

a system that works? We drew 0-0 at home with Port Vale. One half decent performance doesn't paper over a disgraceful season so far.

Guest nonaenever

I will say it one more time. How does somebody who has just lost 9 games on the bounce 'massively increase our chances of staying up?

Jeez - did you not witness last season's miracle? That's what it was.

It didn't work out for Keith Hill at Barnsley - Rochdale had him back - huge cock up by them wasn't it !

Guest nonaenever

BP1960 - ?????

Can't believe this after some of the things you have been saying. I don't get emotive too often but this thread is sending me insane - there is absolutely no comparison between Robbo and Shez. One is far superior to the other. Not saying Shezza will come but people arguing to actually keep Robbo ?? The world has gone mad - truly mad!