Sheridan sacked

I'd feel sympathy for Robinson for the mess that he inherited in the summer and for losing his job because someone better came along.

But we have to make moves to get Shez back. He did brilliantly to keep us up last season and proved that he can bring in the players required in January. If he isn't able to keep us up then we know we've got a manager with a decent track record to get to work at that level. Notts County's nosedive in the last few months is a concern, but his track record before it is good and the goalposts got moved at the club from what he expected when he signed.

I know he might leave in the summer again but if we go down I don't think his stock will be high enough for others to want him, and if we stay up I don't think he'll be so hasty to look for another club again.

Robinson might have done well yesterday, but he has to take a fair share of the blame for our dismal season up until now. He's done himself no favours and even without Shez being available it is highly debatable that he should keep his job.

It's a far from perfect scenario, but it's not a difficult decision for me. Robinson out, Shez in.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....which is exactly why the "questions for the chairman" thread has been ongoing and will soon come to fruition. So the fans can view for themselves what is said to questions presented in a proper, professional way.

Don't think he would answer truthfully why Shez left but I feel it must be asked!

• 2 weeks later...