Mansfield Town - Ticketing arrangements

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't in 2003 on my one and only visit to Field Mill

What a enjoyable dirty game that was. They had a decent ish team and so did we. Keith Curle was their manager, they had Liam Lawrence in midfield. I think we got a late penalty to draw 1-1. Packed away end, players and fans in it together.

When watching latics was fun :-(

What a enjoyable dirty game that was. They had a decent ish team and so did we. Keith Curle was their manager, they had Liam Lawrence in midfield. I think we got a late penalty to draw 1-1. Packed away end, players and fans in it together.

We won 1-0. Great game that: http://www.11v11.com/matches/mansfield-town-v-oldham-athletic-01-march-2003-15529/

Guest nonaenever

Because the game has become ridiculous.

Totally agree. You do wonder whether it's just a case of many people running clubs nowadays simply have no idea of the mentality of most football fans. Not an appetising fixture for me so I wouldn't bother buying a ticket in advance. However, even as a grown man I still get all excited about Latics in the run up to a game and invariably make a last minute decision to go - particularly away. This pathetic arrangement stops that happening. Many fans must do the same - collectively, over a season, some clubs must lose a fair amount of income.

The only possible reason I can think of to justify this is that "turnstile operators" are still on the fiddle and pocketing cash. This used to be rife years ago but you'd think they would have sorted it by now. Alternatively, just allow fans to purchase a ticket at the ground on the night from their ticket office. It's not hard is it?

Guest nonaenever

Yes won 1-0 and was a good away that with great following. I do remember their fans in the stand to the side being a bit 'special'.

Yep - they attacked Latics fans after the match - some even tried to board the coaches to fight

Tbf it wasn't too long since we had away fixtures that there was some hype around.

Bristol City with Johnson when we were about 13 unbeaten - there would've been a lot of us there had their away end not been limited by construction work. Chesterfield and Rochdale too.

Great atmosphere at Bristol, only had around 600 there but we sang from start to finish and made terrific noise, it's days like that I want were we had a bit of hope and a team worth getting behind. We sold quite a few aways out around that time including over 3500 to Rochdale a month before the game.

They had a :censored:e team and were relegated. Great game, great moment when Fitz stroked home the penalty.

Great atmosphere at Bristol, only had around 600 there but we sang from start to finish and made terrific noise, it's days like that I want were we had a bit of hope and a team worth getting behind. We sold quite a few aways out around that time including over 3500 to Rochdale a month before the game.

And so many in the home end for Rochdale. What a day that was.

I couldn't get a ticket for Bristol City. Reckon there'd be have been 1000+ there if not for their allocation. Like you say, we had a team worth supporting, and although Bristol were head and shoulders above this division, I still thought we would get something from that game - not felt competitive in this division since.

It's dead sad to see us take 500 to Bradford and Sheffield United.

Unbelievable. Not that I had plans to go, but those who do wake up after a bump to the head next Tuesday afternoon can't just go on a whim to a checkasomething.com match? I really am lost for words.

Was about to check the trains...saved me a job

It wasn't in 2003 on my one and only visit to Field Mill

I arrive late that one would not let me in said I go climb a tree at the side & watch it started heading off let us in.

A lad when we played them in the cup run up and they sorted him and his Son out

I have fondness of that match because a very good friend of mine (Matt Gadsby) came on as a sub for Mansfield that day against the team I've always supported. Unfortunately he died suddenly with an unknown heart defect a few seasons later whilst on the pitch playing for Hinckley United.

I think we'd dicked them 6-1 at home earlier in the season too. Yes kids we did actually score 6 goals in one match once upon a time, halcyon days!

We certainly did - Big Clyde Wijnhard in his pre 'nipping outside to answer a quick call and doing one' phase with 4 goals if I remember correctly. Wayne Andrews got his first Latics goal that day too.