Mansfield Town - Ticketing arrangements

I always thought that this type of thing was down to policing. If a club makes it all ticket they can plan for X number of police/stewards. If they allow pay on the day then they could be under staffed should more people attend than expected.

I get that this doesn't apply to every game but being it's a low priority fixture (checkatrade), maybe Mansfield cannot estimate how many people are going to attend so to keep policing costs down they are requesting attendee numbers up front.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought that this type of thing was down to policing. If a club makes it all ticket they can plan for X number of police/stewards. If they allow pay on the day then they could be under staffed should more people attend than expected.

I get that this doesn't apply to every game but being it's a low priority fixture (checkatrade), maybe Mansfield cannot estimate how many people are going to attend so to keep policing costs down they are requesting attendee numbers up front.

Reckon I can estimate within 10 supporters how many away fans will attend.

Edited by NewBlue

And not just as they were in their pomp, but as they are now.

Seriously, we really need to do something like that. Maybe a couple of them with just any old :censored: players around them to do their running. It worked when we dragged Shez back into playing back in 2003.