Fall from grace

You are right we have not fallen. How could I be so stupid.

Really happy to be where we are. No money (and I mean none whatsoever), no fans, no assets, no players of our own and, according to many on here who have seen oldham at all levels, the worst latics team they have ever seen.

Fall. What fall?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There comes a point where a club's history has little

Influence on how fans feel about the club's current status. Usually when no one alive during the successful period is still around - i.e. Bury.

My father in law refers to hudds double champ win in the 20s. Does it have any bearing on his expectations as a hudds fan? No. Why? Cos he was born in 1952.

In the case of Oldham does 22 years in the top two leagues have a bearing on oafc fans feeling about our current situation. Yes cos it only ended 20 years.

Please understand the context of time.

Oh I do understand the context of time but I do not accept arbitrary drawing of perameters to time created merely to try to justify a pet concept which is not sustainable in the wider context or in the context of anybody aged 50 or more

As for fall? What fall? ....you have missed the whole point of the discussion which is about Grace? What grace?

Edited by Magister

Once in a hole stop digging Andy

Bury have spent 22 years in the top division ( us 4) Bury are the only the team in the football league to have scored 1000 goals in each of the 4 tiers, FA cup winners twice.....

Us 4?

Bury's 22 years:

5 seasons 1924-1929
17 seasons 1895-1912
Our record:
3 seasons 1991-1994
9 seasons 1911-1923