Provisional Meeting Date with Chairman/Chief Exec - 24th Jan

Guest nonaenever

Guest nonaenever

The finishing touches are just being applied to "the questions" in light of further emails etc. received. A couple of people can't make it now - and one was "in reserve", so we'll probably end up at around half a dozen of us. Please can I just make an appeal?(awaits the cries of derision!) :-

Two very senior officers of the club are willing to take questions from 6 or so fans (on behalf of many more) and give their answers, recorded on television, to be scrutinised for ever more. That is a fantastic opportunity and, to be fair, is rarely afforded to fans at other clubs. Please can we just let them do this now rather than us debating forever and a day on here about matters which, to be honest, the vast majority of us are clueless about?

Some of the statements being made are bordering on defamatory and that was always one of my fears in us doing this. Anyone attending the meeting and posing questions needs to understand the law around defamation and its possible dire financial consequences for them personally. I am going to try and seek safeguards around this for everyone at the interview but people must also have a degree of individual responsibility - we are on a professional fact finding mission here not​ a "hang 'em high" ambush.

Apologies for a new thread, it's just that the last one has become too long. By the way, I have taken counsel from other fans and decided to get this out of the way first; we'll then see if an independent supporters' group (as per the OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter thread) might naturally flow from it.

Thank you to all - roll on the 24th of January.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

Thanks nnn and agree with all that. When do you propose we gather pre-meet?

Going to IM those attending via here mate to sort a suitable date.

Guest nonaenever

Who makes the decision on which 6 fans attend?

pete - there was no decision to make. Other than myself, 8 people eventually volunteered. Presently, I have "definite" from 3, a "maybe" from 1 and 2 that cannot now make it - I`ve yet to hear from another 2 as to whether they are deffo coming or not. One other has volunteered v recently and he is now free to come along too. I think we'll probably end up at around 5 or 6 on the day.

I`ll have to draw a line under any more volunteers now because we don't want it to become unmanageable. To answer another question; no I don't intend posting the questions on here. I`ve sifted through almost 150 now that were either emailed to me or I`ve picked them up from threads on here. If I post them we'll just have a "free for all" regarding ask this, ask that etc.

As I`ve mentioned before, the questions have been "grouped" - the vast majority concerned financials - and de-duplicated. The attendees will be having a pre-meet so we can discuss strategy etc.

Again, as I`ve mentioned elsewhere, the Chairman has said is he happy to meet anyone on a one to one basis as well if they want questions answered personally.

Guest nonaenever

To qualify - we will have circa 20 questions to ask on the day (and clearly, further questions will arise from some answers). Oh, and that's it from me now - I`m just going to get on with it at the pre-meet with the attending fans and on the day itself, so I won't be answering anything else on here - honestly don't have the time - and am going scatty repeating some things. I`ll just keep in touch with the attendees now - hope you understand.

To qualify - we will have circa 20 questions to ask on the day (and clearly, further questions will arise from some answers). Oh, and that's it from me now - I`m just going to get on with it at the pre-meet with the attending fans and on the day itself, so I won't be answering anything else on here - honestly don't have the time - and am going scatty repeating some things. I`ll just keep in touch with the attendees now - hope you understand.

Cheers and a big thanks from me for your time and efforts.

Best of luck NNN, and all those that volunteered to attend.

Glad you re-emphasised you are representing all us, as we all have a range of views and a range of opinions on the situation.

OWTB the has always had a core, compared to other clubs sites, that have been able to have a mature debate and high level fact finding, so this is welcome in that it maintains that tradition.