Provisional Meeting Date with Chairman/Chief Exec - 24th Jan

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well actually he is . Is this not the court of public opinion? . I've watched this site for some time now, most of the questions are completely valid , sadly the answers mere conjecture. Some of you are very near to the truth, others , wildly out of the ball park . All I will say is the club is in desperate trouble , and the conflicts of interest are myriad . The club is 3 rented stands, and a patch of grass, nothing more, seemingly the local press are too intimidated to really ask for the truth, but on a national stage , there have been two articles this year that allude to the actual situation as it exists. Let us hope he presents himself for questioning, and , that those who question, ask what we all need to know. I wonder if anyone has asked a representative of the local authority to attend, I'd be fascinated to hear what the council has to say about its investment, it is after all public money . Is Jim McMahon MP available? Maybe he's too busy ? ?

I'd like to offer my services to question Mr Corney . He should be properly cross examined , prepared questions are one thing, putting to the sword is another matter entirely.

Are you a barrister or what!? Perhaps a QC? ha. Jesus, he hasn't murdered anyone.... he isn't in the dock. That kind of prejudged witch hunt is exactly what this Q&A should not be.

There cant be many Clubs get the chance to meet their Club Chairman, especially when things aren't going well

Let nonaenever and fellow supporters make the most of the opportunity

We're all looking forward to the responses regarding our concerns

Hopefully the start of improved communication and increased engagement between the Club and its Supporters :OASISscarf:

Well actually he is . Is this not the court of public opinion? . I've watched this site for some time now, most of the questions are completely valid , sadly the answers mere conjecture. Some of you are very near to the truth, others , wildly out of the ball park . All I will say is the club is in desperate trouble , and the conflicts of interest are myriad . The club is 3 rented stands, and a patch of grass, nothing more, seemingly the local press are too intimidated to really ask for the truth, but on a national stage , there have been two articles this year that allude to the actual situation as it exists. Let us hope he presents himself for questioning, and , that those who question, ask what we all need to know. I wonder if anyone has asked a representative of the local authority to attend, I'd be fascinated to hear what the council has to say about its investment, it is after all public money . Is Jim McMahon MP available? Maybe he's too busy ? ?

You had plenty of chances, months in fact, to be part of the group asking and submitting you questions. No use bleating and criticising those that have and the whole project now.

The council didn't invest, they owed us money for Failsworth.

They didnt 'owe' us money, they bought the Lancaster club with a redevelopment fund meant to be used for the New Stand. Also, they gave us a 700k grant on top of the 5.7m and renewed chapel road licence. If anything, the way the deal panned out, they did us a big favour taking the Lancaster club off our hands. Redevelopment fund screams INVESTMENT

Edited by Danbright12

Not true.

We paid £5m for the lancaster on the basis we could build a stadium. We couldn't build a stadium so they bought it back for £5m.

The costs incurred were around £700k so they rather generously gave us a 'grant' of £700k.

All hail oldham :censored:in council ✌️

Not true.

We paid £5m for the lancaster on the basis we could build a stadium. We couldn't build a stadium so they bought it back for £5m.

The costs incurred were around £700k so they rather generously gave us a 'grant' of £700k.

All hail oldham :censored:in council ✌️

To clarify, the 5.7m, as ive already said, was a redevelopment fund for the New Stand because the new stadium fell through. I know the absolute shambles Oldham Council are, but we are very lucky they bought it back of us so that we could redevelopment elsewhere, if they hadnt, i dont know where we'd currently be, playing on avros pitches?

Oscar and DanNotSoBright must be there, absolute scenes guaranteed.

Just embarassing for you, if you cant prove yourself you automatically go on the defensive. My point on redevelopment fund is based on evidence, yours is based on speculation.

Forum has turned into a slagging contest if someone has an alternative view.

Edited by Danbright12

You going Singe?

No, too far for me.

Which is why I am not demanding for questions to be asked a certain way, steaming in months after it started and assuming those that are attending are clueless, praising those that have the balls to do it.

Even Dan has set out his plan, I might not agree with some of his gung ho comments on here, but he is fronting up and has a reasonable approach.

It's those that are sniping at everything and that have already written it off that I particularly have a problem with. I'm not including you in that by the way.

Just embarassing for you, if you cant prove yourself you automatically go on the defensive. My point on redevelopment fund is based on evidence, yours is based on speculation.

Forum has turned into a slagging contest if someone has an alternative view.

You've come on the scene telling us stuff that we either already know or is bollocks, up your game man.

To clarify, the 5.7m, as ive already said, was a redevelopment fund for the New Stand because the new stadium fell through. I know the absolute shambles Oldham Council are, but we are very lucky they bought it back of us so that we could redevelopment elsewhere, if they hadnt, i dont know where we'd currently be, playing on avros pitches?

Not quite true. The money was in lieu of being sued by TTA, which would have almost certainly won on the OMBC Advice given, and the money was a negotiated settlement. A win win as quicker recoup for TTA, and less outlay for OMBC, and therefore taxpayer. Edited by singe