Oldham v Gillingham

Guest nonaenever

Not sure I'm gonna bother with this one but we could well be looking at a sub 3000 crowd.

you may well be correct - a combination of apathy, anger and boredom allied with the bad weather forecast. I think we might just scrape 3,000 simply because of the paucity of home games lately but we are certainly heading for regular sub 3,000 "home" support. A terribly vicious circle.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I'm gonna bother with this one but we could well be looking at a sub 3000 crowd.

As a point of protest, how about those attending not going into the North Stand? Its a :censored:e view from there.with very limited access to minimal facilities

I wont be going but how on earth can fans go and sit in a Stand that has caused us so much damage, especially this season.

As a point of protest, how about those attending not going into the North Stand? Its a :censored:e view from there.with very limited access to minimal facilities

I wont be going but how on earth can fans go and sit in a Stand that has caused us so much damage, especially this season.

Agreed. Couldnt be arsed sitting in there all season. Sat in there once, Mansfield in the fa cup last season. Won't be back in a hurry. Got wet through on the back row, and the suns a pain when its out. Ill stick to the paddock.

It's not the stand itself it's the people running it that are causing the problems through bad leadership.

I'll sit where I want, thanks. Damage was done long before that was built. Slates other fans for going in to a certain stand, then says they won't be attending. Proper fan you are, aren't you? Rather sit in that than near to the athletico or the main stand moaners.

I'll sit where I want, thanks. Damage was done long before that was built. Slates other fans for going in to a certain stand, then says they won't be attending. Proper fan you are, aren't you? Rather sit in that than near to the athletico or the main stand moaners.

Don't worry about him pal, he's a Rochdale fan.

Well I used to sit in the paddock before they knocked my stand down so I do like the view.

The part of the Great White Elephant that is for football is no worse than any other part of our stadium it is just that it could have cost so much less and I agree it is this edifice to managerial incompetence that has us in our dire predicament.

I will go to the game which I suggest will cost more to put on than is taken on the day.

Well I used to sit in the paddock before they knocked my stand down so I do like the view.

The part of the Great White Elephant that is for football is no worse than any other part of our stadium it is just that it could have cost so much less and I agree it is this edifice to managerial incompetence that has us in our dire predicament.

I will go to the game which I suggest will cost more to put on than is taken on the day.

I see your point and have made my decision that after 40 odd years of support not to attend any matches this year at BP.

What other type of 'protest' is there for people who are effectively attending for free? Just sitting there quietly affects nothing at all.

What other ways could be considered to illustrate the utter frustration that most supporters now feel in this shambles of a season?

I know what will happen, we will just sack the Manager either before or after Saturday but that wont influence the problem.

Great post. Although I sit in the main stand and I don't really have moaners near me. Must be lucky

I wish that I was, looking forward to that £3M payout from Hogan being sold by Brentford whilst sitting in the playoff places. Upthedale! Our wealthy neighbours

We might have, Hogan was a trialist here but not taken on.

Not sure but presume it was either Dickov or Johnson as he signed for Rochdale instead in 2013.

Hogan was also here in 2009 as youth, but we didn't take him on. So had two bites of the cherry while he was in non league at Hyde.

He wasnt ready in 2009 so went and learned his trade in non league. In 2013 he was good enough but LJ said no thanks

Would he be the player he is if he'd come here, though. He wouldn't have scored anything like the number he did at Rochdale.

That being said, Johnson should've recognised that he's a cultured footballer. It's not as though he's a Matt Smith type, where he looked very raw when he first arrived.

He wasnt ready in 2009 so went and learned his trade in non league. In 2013 he was good enough but LJ said no thanks

Was this around the time we said Vardy's asking fee of £30,000 was too high and Lee Gregory wasn't good enough?

Edited by BP1960