Oldham v Gillingham

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

Amazingly, we may see the embargo soon lifted.

Yes, that will be correct but it's not amazing.

You were either in the "Give him a window" camp or

"Please don't give him a penny to spend" camp - and you made your own mind up on the basis of the evidence you had seen.

The club decided on the latter - probably a little while ago but needed to sort out a suitable ready replacement first - otherwise would have been hung high if there had been any delays (i.e. learnt from the summer fiasco). The Sheridan situation was fortuitous in that regard.

Yes, that will be correct but it's not amazing.

You were either in the "Give him a window" camp or

"Please don't give him a penny to spend" camp - and you made your own mind up on the basis of the evidence you had seen.

The club decided on the latter - probably a little while ago but needed to sort out a suitable ready replacement first - otherwise would have been hung high if there had been any delays (i.e. learnt from the summer fiasco). The Sheridan situation was fortuitous in that regard.

My impression is the embargo wouldn't be lifted for SR.

Guest nonaenever

Actually, it would really suit us if this game was called off because of the weather. That would allow Shez to work with the players for a little bit and also perhaps allow time for a couple to come in.

It's snowing heavily outside - the football gods may, at last, have decided to look kindly upon us.

500 or so to Shrewsbury for sure - good day out there too.

Actually, it would really suit us if this game was called off because of the weather. That would allow Shez to work with the players for a little bit and also perhaps allow time for a couple to come in.

It's snowing heavily outside - the football gods may, at last, have decided to look kindly upon us.

500 or so to Shrewsbury for sure - good day out there too.

The snow has stopped and the forecast is sunny tomorrow, even in Oldham

Guest nonaenever

IF we get the first goal (or even just a goal) - I imagine there will be a huge release of emotion from the fans. If we win 3-0 I expect John Sheridan to walk on water across Crime lake (yes it may be frozen - and so technically cheating - but the effect would be good none the less).

IF we get the first goal (or even just a goal) - I imagine there will be a huge release of emotion from the fans. If we win 3-0 I expect John Sheridan to walk on water across Crime lake (yes it may be frozen - and so technically cheating - but the effect would be good none the less).

I'll walk across crime lake if we score 3 goals.... frozen or not....

How does the weather look?

Sydney weather: Heatwave breaks another hottest night record

No, you did not imagine it — last night was ridiculously hot — because it was the hottest Sydney night in January since city weather records began.

Hottest nights are measured by the lowest temperature reached during the night.

Last night, the temperature in the city got to its lowest point at a sweaty 26.4 degrees Celsius at about 11:00pm, the Bureau of Meteorology [bOM] said.

Then it just got hotter, climbing to 31C by 1:00am. "[Last night] was actually the warmest January night the city has ever recorded, and records for the city station go back to 1858 so there's quite a while of records there," BOM duty forecaster Rebecca Kamitakahara said.

So tell me about the snow - I may listen to the game while I'm in my swimming pool :smoking:

Werneth golf course open. Sunny intervals and a high of 3 and the snow is melting in grey Saddleworth. Game has to be on.

I was struck by the difference in 'style' during the interviews. Robbo has been intense almost obsessive whereas Shez relaxed and smiling. If the team relax and enjoy themselves I can see us actually doing that thing we have not done for some time - I'm not going to say the word just in case.