Mark Moisley on BBC Radio Manc for next hour

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good that they are trying to communicate with the fans with this and Simon and NNNs meeting. After that can they now concentrate on delivering good news like you know coming out of transfer embargo, signing players getting that scoreboard and that all important thing of sticking the white round thing in the net type thing at the end of the pitch.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Trying to work out why the club can do no wrong by you ? Don't get me wrong your positivity/naivety is admirable to an extent if not a bit predictable. Are you an employee of the club ? A relative of a board member ? Think I'm on to something

None of the above. I just think it's ridiculous that everything that goes wrong gets blamed on one man. They can and do get things wrong. Some people on here are.just the most negative depressing people ever. Must be painful getting out of bed for some

None of the above. I just think it's ridiculous that everything that goes wrong gets blamed on one man. They can and do get things wrong. Some people on here are.just the most negative depressing people ever. Must be painful getting out of bed for some

Maybe there are a very small minority that do but I think most , myself included are just totally fed up and feel it's time for change. Time for the footballing side to take presidence. Time to aim higher than just staying in this league forever. Plenty of clubs of similar stature to us atleast having a go at winning enough matches to get excited about. Do you not agree it's boring as :censored: supporting Latics nowadays ? Would you welcome new ownership or are you just too appreciative of our saviour ? I have nothing against SC personally but he can only take us out of this league in one direction now, it's obvious for anyone to see isn't it ?

Maybe there are a very small minority that do but I think most , myself included are just totally fed up and feel it's time for change. Time for the footballing side to take presidence. Time to aim higher than just staying in this league forever. Plenty of clubs of similar stature to us atleast having a go at winning enough matches to get excited about. Do you not agree it's boring as :censored: supporting Latics nowadays ? Would you welcome new ownership or are you just too appreciative of our saviour ? I have nothing against SC personally but he can only take us out of this league in one direction now, it's obvious for anyone to see isn't it ?

I'd love new owners to come in who could have us competing at top end of this league and then higher. SC doesn't have the financial clout to do that.

Until we get new owners his aim is to keep us in this league. So far he's managed that.

Is the football great at minute? No. I've seen plenty of other games with championship and league one clubs that have bored me to tears as well. It's not just us play :censored: football. I do think Robbos hands are tied at the moment because players aren't good enough so he's basically aimed to keep us withing reaching distance of safety. If we'd gone all put attack with some of these players we'd be miles worse off I reckon

I'd love new owners to come in who could have us competing at top end of this league and then higher. SC doesn't have the financial clout to do that.

Until we get new owners his aim is to keep us in this league. So far he's managed that.

Is the football great at minute? No. I've seen plenty of other games with championship and league one clubs that have bored me to tears as well. It's not just us play :censored: football. I do think Robbos hands are tied at the moment because players aren't good enough so he's basically aimed to keep us withing reaching distance of safety. If we'd gone all put attack with some of these players we'd be miles worse off I reckon

Disagree that we would be miles worse off. How could we be ? What's worse than being the countries lowest goal scorers ? And who is at fault for setting the manager up to fail ? Even though my belief is he's doing himself no favours by the way he sets the team up most of the time. Fwiw as tomorrow is not a league match I've backed us to win and both score. Why can't we try and score more than the opposition in the league ? What we've been trying to do , whichever way you look at it is not working. Time for a change all round for me. Which I realise is easier said than done. New owners and new manager desperately needed for me. Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Disagree that we would be miles worse off. How could we be ? What's worse than being the countries lowest goal scorers ? And who is at fault for setting the manager up to fail ? Even though my belief is he's doing himself no favours by the way he sets the team up most of the time. Fwiw as tomorrow is not a league match I've backed us to win and both score. Why can't we try and score more than the opposition in the league ? What we've been trying to do , whichever way you look at it is not working. Time for a change all round for me. Which I realise is easier said than done. New owners and new manager desperately needed for me.

We could be well adrift. The players we have don't finish the chances we create now. Imagine that with leaving our defence exposed more by going all out attack.

As to who is at fault for the situation the manager is in, it doesn't all lie with Corney.

We need to give a manager time. 22 players in, some of them awful. Give him January and summer windows. Only then can you judge him properly I feel.

We could be well adrift. The players we have don't finish the chances we create now. Imagine that with leaving our defence exposed more by going all out attack.

As to who is at fault for the situation the manager is in, it doesn't all lie with Corney.

We need to give a manager time. 22 players in, some of them awful. Give him January and summer windows. Only then can you judge him properly I feel.

Don't be taken in by the managers bull:censored: of we create lots of chances we really don't.

Who does the blame lie with then if not Corney or our super tactician ?

The blame is Corney's surely ? It is him that decided we didn't need a manager or a squad of players until days before pre season. He did not provide the basic tools for the manager to be able to do his job. Yet I still feel the manager needs to go as like I said he's done himself no favours.

Don't be taken in by the managers bull:censored: of we create lots of chances we really don't.

Who does the blame lie with then if not Corney or our super tactician ?

The blame is Corney's surely ? It is him that decided we didn't need a manager or a squad of players until days before pre season. He did not provide the basic tools for the manager to be able to do his job. Yet I still feel the manager needs to go as like I said he's done himself no favours.

We create plenty of chances in most games we just can't finish. That's not being taken in that's me judging for myself.

The blame doesn't lie solely with anyone.

Debatable decisions at board level. Cost of watching games (not just us that are expensive). Fans not coming anymore for a variety of reasons. Premier league and Sky TV pricing smaller teams out f the market for wages so players will happily sit on bench higher up on a big wage. The weather. All those who stop coming for whatever reason rightly or wrongly lower the playing budget.

We don't know why sheridan left but can Corney be blamed for Evans pulling out at the last minute? It was that which then put us further behind pre season. No way Corney wanted that situation

I'm sure they commented on Rochdale's youth approach and had a 5-6 year plan, and now are seeing fruits of their labour......

It got me thinking about out lack of plans for the future and have come to the conclusion that because of our lack our finances we simply cannot...

Think about it, managers and players are lasting x1 season max.

Any player owned by us, if shows any sort of form or promise, is sold (normally for undisclosed roughly around £250k).....ASAP

If Manager shows they are good or decent, they get frustrated with lack of funds and look elsewhere and leave for better surroundings.

Also, questions were asked about the going rate for Oldham to be sold but was given a nothing answer of 'too tough to say as don't know what potential buyer would want to buy'. Meaning just the name (effectively) or plus the land or stand etc.

What kind of buyer is going to want to buy a club that then has to rent the ground / stand, everything, at this level with this kind of fan base? Who would want to buy us with land and stand at a massively inflated price?!

No one, which is why there are no buyers out there!!

So SC, we were told, went to China to look for potential investors....great but who would want to invest into what? Nothing? The OEC? Great but that doesn't fund what happens on the pitch....OAFC? Great but where is the return on investment? Massive gamble to invest in OAFC as are reliant on what happens on pitch and with current manager showing only how not to score a goal....for me it's not gonna happen....

The Scoreboard debacle, why did they wait x1 year to then seek a cheaper scoreboard when SC went to China? A year..! Really?

This all adds up to one thing, TTA have picked apart and made it far too tough to sell and far to tough to keep us afloat and plan for a decent future.

I know some of us fans think SC has done a good job keeping us afloat and maybe he has. But what's also happened is our crowds have shrunk due to chop and change, lack of identity of players etc and quality of football and cost of watching it.

I didn't think the phone in answered anything really as answers we didn't already know or gave us any new hope.....