Winch going

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real shame for me. Yes some love him and some don't rate him but take that away and we're loosing our longest serving player for let's be honest what is likley to be a poor loan replacement from a higher level club.

The lad loves the club more than any player there and that is seen when he celebrates scoring, thanks fans after game and when he's celebrated the few wins we've had this season with fans. (Particularly away games)

This is a corney deal not the managers!

Edited by super_blue

We know Winchester can be good, which is more than can be said for anyone else in the squad.

Home-grown talent and the only one willing to shoot.

A real shame, adding further colour to the "we are buggered" picture.

Time for him to go. Struggle with concept that he's been a good servant though as I have lost count of the times I have watched him go through the motions on the pitch.

Thank you for the 4 or 5 games you have affected in your 5 year spell.

Edited by welshgaz

That spell he had under LJ showed he has the potential to be our best player.... trouble is it's always just been potential. I'll be really sorry to see him go, but it's probably best for both parties at the moment.

LJ has prob had a word with his dad and that's why he's come in for him! A fresh start will do him good!

Edited by super_blue

Real shame for me. Yes some love him and some don't rate him but take that away and we're loosing our longest serving player for let's be honest what is likley to be a poor loan replacement from a higher level club.

The lad loves the club more than any player there and that is seen when he celebrates scoring, thanks fans after game and when he's celebrated the few wins we've had this season with fans. (Particularly away games)

This.. really does care even when he's not playing well. I'm gutted, I'd have him over Ollie Banks every day of the week.

You can't pin this one on Corney..

Robinson's questioned Winchester's attitude more than once in interviews and seems very reluctant to play him.

If it was "Corney's deal", I doubt very much Robinson put up much of a fight..

Technically a very good footballer with more natural talent than anyone at the club however, his stamina, application and attitude has been generally piss poor!

Robinson said at the outset he had belief in the guy, had known him for most of his career and would be able to get the best out of him. Since then he has hardly played a game and only got in after a succession of poor displays from what is probably our worst midfield in living memory.

He came on as a sub in the last half hour at home to Port Vale and was blowing out of his arse after 15/20 mins!!

If he can't improve his fitness and dedication (stoping smoking would be a start) he will never make it at league level.

Sad to see him go but we've persevered with him long enough...I hope this move will help make him realise what a mess he's making of what could be a very successful career.

I think we have a knack of making players :censored: expect him to be sold in a few years for a few hundred thousand

:laught30::laught30::laught30:

More likely, I expect him to be kicking it about in non-league in a couple of years.

Maybe now he'll knock the cigs on its head and start playing for 90 minutes for them. Would've got rid in the summer but it's taken till now for Robbo to realise he's a waster. Just needs to do the same with Fat Lad now.